Question...

Options
My job requires alot of walking around... and I work the night shift... When I get home from being at work all evening I always seem to want to exercise and then go to sleep Is that ok? is there an exercise guideline of the times I'm allotted to workout or is anytime a good time?

Replies

• Sheckypie
    Options
    and I work out around midnight one o'clock haha
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Workout when you can and want to. There are no guidelines for it at all. There's a reason 24 Hour Fitness gyms exist. ;)
  • Sheckypie
    Options
    haha just making sure there werent rules or anything
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of working out after work, I finish at 3am and get home at 3:20. Sometimes before work I have other obligations. Perhaps going for my run at night after my shift would work for those days.
  • DoItNowDammit
    Options
    Just make sure your workouts aren't keeping you awake or disrupting your sleep. If you do workout at night please be careful of your surroundings and be safe. Lots of crazies prowling around.
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you want to work out then work out! It's simple! But as the person above said, be carefully of crazy people. Probably best to go to a gym or workout at home it its at night!
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    I used to work 3rd shift full time (I only work one overnight a week now), and tried working out right after work and couldn't. Too fracking tired! But if you're up and wanting to knock it out, go for it! It's better to do it when you're motivated than when you're sluggish and not in the right mindset. :)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    You are free to workout at whatever time you want to. Time of day makes no difference.