Vibration training?..your opinion please

Options
Fozzi43
Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
I'm a personal trainer for clients who use power plates...they are pretty good in strength training but I wanted to know what you guys thought of vibration training?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Options
    Bump
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    I'm a personal trainer for clients who use power plates...they are pretty good in strength training but I wanted to know what you guys thought of vibration training?

There is a small stall that sells cardio machines on a contract in my local shopping mall and it has a vibrating machine there. I don't see how they could possibly work, but I saw the salesgirl sitting on the machine while it was running during her lunch break because she had no chairs and I laughed for 5 minutes straight. But I have a dirty mind so it's probably best to entirely ignore this comment.
  • miss_grad
    miss_grad Posts: 102
    Options
    Just wanted to say... The title totally made me think this thread was about something else.

That is all.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    I did a bit of quick reading on the subject. Certainly I'm no expert but it seems it is as you say and they could, hypothetically be useful for strength training.

It's certainly interesting I'll give you that.
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    [/ I saw the salesgirl sitting on the machine while it was running during her lunch break because she had no chairs and I laughed for 5 minutes straight. But I have a dirty mind so it's probably best to entirely ignore this comment.

:bigsmile:

That happened exactly when one of my clients sat on it...it was really funny, I had to go out of the room as it was obvious what was happening to her....

She didn't stop either :noway:
  • pamtram
    pamtram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i know a couple of people that use the vibatrainers and they seem to think that they work. I am not convinced but don't know much about them
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    That happened exactly when one of my clients sat on it...it was really funny, I had to go out of the room as it was obvious what was happening to her....

She didn't stop either

I don't believe for a second they're trying to "tone their butt" or whatever lie that want to peddle. I know exactly whats going on there as you say. I just couldn't believe the girl at the cardiotech shop was doing at peak hour (11am) in a packed shoping centre. There were kids walks past ffs.

It still makes me laugh because I l deathstared her and she grinned at me.

****STAFF NOTE: Post has edited due to violations of guideline #17****
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I don't believe for a second they're trying to "tone their butt" or whatever lie that want to peddle. I know exactly whats going on there as you say. I just couldn't believe the girl at the cardiotech shop was doing at peak hour (11am) in a packed shoping centre. There were kids walks past ffs.

Don't get me wrong she was skinny as a twig and obviously very toned and fit but she was basically riding a sybian in packed crowd of people doing their shopping. That is just shameless, absoltutely shameless.

All I could think was "OMFG you dirty little B*****"

It still makes me laugh because I l deathstared her and she grinned at me.

Its her number you should have wanted, NOT a stare out contest lmao, if she is like that in public Whew what would she be like in private:noway: :laugh:
  • ennysmith
    Options
    I don't know more about this.Please tell me more about this
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    I don't know more about this.Please tell me more about this

Here darl, watch this http://youtu.be/dtIO2LyesAg
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    I use the vibration plate in the gym about twice per week for 10-15 minutes, I can use it to warm up or at the end of strength training for that final little kick of finishing the muscle groups.

I do all my calf training dynamically and in the three planes of motion on the fitvibe.

I do various chest presses on these machines and believe it has accelerated my number of reps and quality.

I do one leg reverse lunges, and I do assisted pistol squats on the machine.

I use tennis balls to target muscle groups whilst the machine is in massage mode and find this excellent therapy.

Recently. started doing thee lunge matrix on the machine to includes arms overhead reaching back for thorasic spine mobilisation.

So, yes I like the vibration machines - do I like that they sometimes advertise 300 calories burned in 15 minutes. No, wrong way to sell the benefits and makes it seem like a con job.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    I use the vibration plate in the gym about twice per week for 10-15 minutes

Do you think it works, in regards to strength training? Do you feel muscle contractions?

I am envious you have one at your gym. Mine does not.

After looking at this device and reading about It I would really like to try it.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I booked a set of 10 sessions with a trainer - they gave me a constant headache - swapped funds to a universal contour wrap!

All the celebs supposidly use them !
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    I use the vibration plate in the gym about twice per week for 10-15 minutes

Do you think it works, in regards to strength training? Do you feel muscle contractions?

I am envious you have one at your gym. Mine does not.

After looking at this device and reading about It I would really like to try it.

I know not everyone like Scott Herman but here is a video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A88D_SMDcig - not just static holds but dynamic movement really increases intensity. Yes, you feel the contractions of the muscle.

this guy thederrickprice - end of video shows the kind of leg w/o I would do and yes the fatigue is not for the camera - it does force you to balance, use stabilisation forces and get increased muscle endurance. All factors for increasing strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJo1sXM9hm0

total body leg finish on vibration plate -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzuPfcB6x94&feature=relmfu

Has to be said, I go in for all the 3D dynamic functional training for cardio and power and balance and I strength train like anyone else - push pull and I do not do any steady state cardio because it bores me to death. Well I say never, elliptical but at slogging through wet concrete resistance levels for 10 minutes on Intervals of 7 minutes.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My cousin tried one of those at the fair and we laughed our *kitten* off the entire time she was on it. People were walking by singing Beyonce songs because of her *kitten* jiggling. lol. She chose to spend the money on a Bowflex instead. The guy on the one next to her had his hands on the part you stand on and doing push ups, people were walking over his legs lol. I know nothing about this machines but probably wouldn't buy one even if it did work.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say... The title totally made me think this thread was about something else.

That is all.

This
  • helenzback
    helenzback Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wanted to try them but I had to fill in a medical form to try. Due to neck surgery and a the metal disks in my neck they wouldn't allow it, I wasn't sure if they were just being overly cautious so I asked my physio and she said.... No, never!
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    I wanted to try them but I had to fill in a medical form to try. Due to neck surgery and a the metal disks in my neck they wouldn't allow it, I wasn't sure if they were just being overly cautious so I asked my physio and she said.... No, never!

There are lots of pre-existing conditions that bar people from using a vibration plate, but then there are exercises that are also not allowed.

The poster who likes to laugh at people in the gym and then report tese unfunny stories to a website, get over yourself. Probably the sort of person who videos people in the gym to post on youtube.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

That is all.

This

Yeah me too
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Lol whatever happened to "Pick things up and put them down"?

All the pro strength coaches and pro PTs are *facepalming* while some dope collects a check.