How much is fuel where you live? (UK)

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
This is random:laugh: but just want to seee how much petrol/diesel is where you are. I live in Mid-Wales and in the town i work in its £1.40 for petrol and £1.42 for diesel! Its ridiculous!! I work in the petrol station in town and i wish i got a discount on fuel :sad: And in other petrol station in towns a few miles away from me its all roughly the same price!

How much is it where you are? :smile:

Replies

• SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    This will make UK people sick (Im from UK originally). We moved to Taipei and my fella spends £3 per fortnight on fuel :drinker:
  • xSophia19
    Options
    This will make UK people sick (Im from UK originally). We moved to Taipei and my fella spends £3 per fortnight on fuel :drinker:

£3 for 2 weeks on fuel?! £3 wouldnt even get me to work and back! And i work 5 days a weeek! I put like £60 a week of diesel in my car! I used to go out for spins all the time when i first got my car in may, as i had only just passsed my test! But niw im realising its just wasting money! Soo i now only use my car purposes - shopping, getting me to and from work . And boy my fuel is lasting longer in my car!! :) ive fallen out with a few friends cos i told them that im unable to go out for spins at night cos its soo expensive but it just shows who ya friends are when youve got a car doesnt it! :)
  • CatholicUK
    CatholicUK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    £1.44.9 for petrol in my car, £1.49.9 for diesel in hubby's car. Major freaking ouch!!!! Having said that, I had totally forgot to get my car MOT'd so I can't drive it at the moment so there's a saving in that (until it has it's MOT of course! lol!) xx
  • Iric1783
    Iric1783 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    £1.27 in Harrogate and £1.35 in Ripon, which is 20 minutes away!!
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Cheapest petrol round here (Reading) is 137.9, diesels about 140.9 - ours cars a diesel, but it lasts pretty well
  • xSophia19
    Options
    £1.44.9 for petrol in my car, £1.49.9 for diesel in hubby's car. Major freaking ouch!!!! Having said that, I had totally forgot to get my car MOT'd so I can't drive it at the moment so there's a saving in that (until it has it's MOT of course! lol!) xx

Ouch! That is alot! I thought £1.42 was bad enough for me! Well least that is saving you a bit of money isnt it haha. Cars are just soo expensive! x
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Oddly ive found that in the UK the most remote areas will pay a premium for fuel, but also the most densely populated areas.

Fortunately where i live in mansfield is halfway between the two so I pay a (relatively) cheap £1.37 for Diesel at the moment (I think petrol is about £1.33)
  • xSophia19
    Options
    £1.27 in Harrogate and £1.35 in Ripon, which is 20 minutes away!!
    [/quote
    Jammie buggger! I wish ours was that cheap!!
  • susiebear29
    Options
    at the moment it's between £1.34-£1.39 for petrol and around £1.42 for diesel!!! total rip off considering more than half of it is TAX!! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Cheapest petrol round here (Reading) is 137.9, diesels about 140.9 - ours cars a diesel, but it lasts pretty well

Yeaa, although the price of diesel around here is like £1.42 ive noticed it lasts much longer than my friends petrol car! My mates is a 1.1 petrol, amd mine is a 1.5 diesel and i can get 360 miles out of half a tank, she told me she can only get 210! Soo i must count myself lucky that mine is a diesel! Even tho is expensive! But lasts way longer! :)
  • xSophia19
    Options
    at the moment it's between £1.34-£1.39 for petrol and around £1.42 for diesel!!! total rip off considering more than half of it is TAX!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Yuuup most of it is bloody tax! Why shud we pay TAX just for people to sit on there arses all day whilst WE pay there bills! Its not on!! Theres a few people where i live who claims all the benefits under the sun, and theres nothing wrong with them! Makes me sick how they get away with it!!!
  • m11ekd
    m11ekd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    swansea 134.9 this morning
  • xSophia19
    Options
    swansea 134.9 this morning

Fairly cheap then :)
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    It's gone down to about 1.31 a litre in Gloucester, or had done. To be honest, I didn't look the last time!
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

Yeaa, although the price of diesel around here is like £1.42 ive noticed it lasts much longer than my friends petrol car! My mates is a 1.1 petrol, amd mine is a 1.5 diesel and i can get 360 miles out of half a tank, she told me she can only get 210! Soo i must count myself lucky that mine is a diesel! Even tho is expensive! But lasts way longer! :)

Ours is a 1.9 tdi golf - so you'd of expected it to drink it like its going out of fashion :smile: - but good example, we went to Nottingham at the weekend - Filled up before we left (think its about a 341 mile round trip) and still had just over half a tank when we got back home :smile:
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Not really sure I don't pay attention to the price but I think its somewhere around $4.20 a gallon.
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I live in South Africa.

We currently pay about ZAR11.7 prer litre of Petrol and about ZAR11.15 per litre of diesel.

That is about GBP121.36 for 2 pints of petrol and about GBP115.65 for 2 pints of diesel Calculated at an exchange rate of 10.373.

We are expecting another 6% increase on the first Wednesday of the new month.
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Llandovery is £139.9 for petrol and £144.9 for diesel :grumble:

And being so rural it's miles to anything, even a decent supermarket, so you have higher mileage than townies. The nearest bus stop to us is 5 miles away (in Llandovery) and buses are not exactly frequent nor do they go to many places :mad: The nearest Tesco is 21 miles away, nearest Morrisons 27 miles away :noway: Just a Co-op in Llandovery and that is MEGA expensive so I only use it for essentials like milk and bread :frown:

Thankfully Tesco have just recently started home deliveries here so we get ours delivered now - it only costs £3 if you pick your delivery slot right and I would use double that in petrol to drive a 42 mile round trip to the nearest one.
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Same here - we have a 1.3 petrol microvan and a 2.2 diesel PT Cruiser and the cruiser has way much better mpg than the van - up to 45mpg if I drive it right ....... but it costs nearly £75 to fill the tank now :noway: Even the little van is well over £50 from empty :sad:
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Very random!

I am sitting at my desk and the petrol station across the road is unashamedly telling me that it's ripping us off to the tune of 139.9!!

Paid 134 yesterday and was gutted about that. Worse stil, we have just come back from the Outer Hebrides where we paid 148!