Who takes Xenical?

Options
Hi everyone :)

at the moment I'm on Xenical (naaaaaaaaaaaasty side effects!)

who else takes these?
also thinking of coming off

Replies

• SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

at the moment I'm on Xenical (naaaaaaaaaaaasty side effects!)

who else takes these?
    also thinking of coming off
    I was on it years ago. I exercised as well when I was taking it. But the side effects were just too much for me. I had to throw out lots of under garments because of it. Sometimes it sneaks up on you.
  • stelle91
    stelle91 Posts: 19
    Options
    Yeah,
    I figure that if I can lose weight watching what I eat rather than spend $130 on a pill that has THOSE side effects
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I found them completely useless! My diet was already low fat...so yay for no nasty side effects, but really, what was the point? LOL.

Good luck! I do have a friend who takes it and he says it works.
  • elinakalna
    Options
    It's learning hard way. THOSE side effects only happen if there is fat in the diet. Remove fat from the diet and THOSE side efects should reduce.
  • zmarzouka
    Options
    Why the hell do you take expensive pills with severe side effects when you can lose weight by simply eating less?! The only thing you need to lose weight is simply eat less calories than what your body needs, it's really that simpl! those supplements will help in losing fat but only in a very small percentage, so simply diet for a couple of weeks more instead, and by diet I don't mean you have to eat salads and grilled chicken everyday, you can eat whatever you want (yes WHATEVER you want, including burgers, pizza and ice cream) and still lose weight provided that you eat less calories than your maintenance.
  • stelle91
    stelle91 Posts: 19
    Options
    When I did this MFP first up I lost 5 Kg in about a month and a half. I will stick will the pills until the end of the month to see any change.
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    I've got a six month supply but the way I eat now there's really no need for them. I keep them around in case I get stuck eating out but so far I haven't had to take any.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I found them completely useless! My diet was already low fat...so yay for no nasty side effects, but really, what was the point? LOL.

Good luck! I do have a friend who takes it and he says it works.

SAME as this no side effects if you are good! :bigsmile:

that was a few yrs ago now!
  • Gemenemelem
    Gemenemelem Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yack I remember these well haha paaaarp squirt haha (sorry)
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I took it underage, when I was about 14 years old because I'd gained 60lbs in 2 months after quitting horse back riding. I don't think I've known any one who has been on it who has lost a significant amount OR not gained the weight back as soon as they went off it.
  • BevP123
    BevP123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Tried and failed, side effects were dreadful but my own fault for eating fat....I realised it was a doctors way of teaching a lesson about healthier food....kind of like that nasty bitter polish you put on your nails to stop you biting them....I simply stopped painting my nails with the stuff and also stopped taking the pills when I knew I wanted pizza....the only way is the proper way x
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Not I. I like to pee and poo separately. Good luck.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My doctor prescribed me this years ago (around 12 - 13 years of age).

and never again would I do that... Those side effects sucked.