Annoyed with the hubbs...warning-this is a rant.

Options
MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
So tomorrow, my husband wants to go with some friends to a pre season football game. We're gonna tailgate with friends and then go to the game-which is fine, don't get me wrong.

Here is the problem. For over a month I have had a haircut scheduled for that morning. My plan was to get up somewhat early-get my workout and then go get my hair cut. Then we can leave for the game.

He is not being flexible on the time. He wants me to either move my haircut to a different weekend or see if i can get in earlier.

If I try to move it earlier, I will not have time to work out. It may be a LONG time before I can get it scheduled for a different day because she's good at what she does, so she's very busy most days and may have a hard time getting me in any time soon.

I'm attempting to get my hair to grow out and so staying on top of trims is a difficult thing to do...

Girls...do you sympathize? I feel like he's being kind of stubborn on leaving a LITTLE later to go tailgate...we won't be missing the game and will still have almost two hours for tailgating. I'm just annoyed.

Replies

• trunkfish
    trunkfish Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'd ask him to go on with the rest of your friends without you and you'll catch him up - tailgate the tailgate:happy: . Then you can show off your new hairdo.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    you could get up earlier for your workout - or do a bigger workout the night before?
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    Going to football games is all about the tailgate! I'm with the hubby, just miss the work out. :happy:
  • jenniferstanton
    jenniferstanton Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'd ask him to go on with the rest of your friends without you and you'll catch him up - tailgate the tailgate:happy: . Then you can show off your new hairdo.

This seems like a good compromise!
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm with the hubby. A haircut is a haircut, a workout is a workout, but a tailgate is a tailgate! Go bucks!
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    tell him to go on to the tailgate and meet up with him later and join him later after your haircut is done. just because you are married and he wants to go to the tailgate at a certain time doesn't mean that you have to go with him at that time, or at all. you waited a month for that appointment, keep it.
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    So whats the problem with going to the tail gate afterward? Wow some people.....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    At least he wants you to go.

I have grown my hair quite long and it actually grew faster once I stopped getting regular trims.
  • lindseyrhynes218
    Options
    I love football, but I love my "Me Time" too! I would workout, get my hair cut, then meet up with him! :)
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    1) He could respect your schedule better
    2) Frequent trims do not actually promote faster hair growth
  • sharonloraine
    sharonloraine Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Preface to comment: compromise is a good thing. If you are willing to compromise and feel good about it that's one thing. If you compromise and feel miserable or angry all day then don't do it. Compromise to the point that you still feel good about the entire arrangement. If you want to get your workout, hair cut and tailgate in then do it your way. If you want to give up one of them them to fit it in then do it. Don't do what someone else tells you to do when they are not willing to compromise at all. Just my opinion but it works for me. Trust me nobody is a happy camper if I'm in a *****y mood.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Umm, I'd reschedule.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Do your thing then meet him. Being married does not mean being joined at the hip
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Depends on how often he asks you to change your plans to do something with him. If he usually just goes along with what you want then I would say on this occasion, miss the work out, or do it the night before, get your hair done earlier and go with him.

If however he always expects you to change then put your foot down and meet up with him later.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'd reschedule in a heartbeat.

But that's just me.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    People's schedules change LOTS, so you could wait for an opening in your hairsylist's schedule...it will happen!
    Change your appointment, and go with your husband, all happy.

This is WAY too small of a thing for you to have any kind of attitude. Use your calender and look at it together at the beginning of each month, and the beginning of each week.

Enjoy your time with husband....there will always be reasons to take on an attitude, but it wont get you to a good place, so DONT choose to go there:happy:
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I say do your workout and haircut as per your schedule and meet him afterwards.
    If he's being unflexible about going later why should you be flexible and change something you had planned before he offered the new program?
    Plus, you get to do all three things you want to do instead of having to give up the workout or re-schedule the haircut. :)
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Did he know about your appointment? If so, did he then make plans to tailgate and simply expect you to change what you were doing?

And if that's the case, does he always do this?

From a guy's point of view, if this isn't a regular occurrence from him, I would reschedule. If you can't/won't whatever, let him go and then meet up later. Just please, if he's had a few and doesn't immediately say how wonderful the new 'do looks, give him a pass.
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    There are many things you can do. Did you let him know your plan and times way ahead? Maybe he had a different plan. When it comes to this, I think you need to bend a little. Either let him go without you and you meet up, or rearrange ur schedule.
  • grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    your hair appointment can be changed, the date of the pre-season game cannot. I'd say it's okay to skip a workout to spend quality time with family and friends, one day is not going to sabotage your efforts, have fun! :)