TOM

Options
I plan to start 30DS today with it being TOM I know I won't weigh myself for a week or so but will it effect the weight loss? :frown:

Thanks in advance:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi there, TOM shouldn't affect your weight loss. Just make sure you don't allow TOM's food cravings to take over and continue to eat healthy meals. During my Tom I have to force myself to eat because I always feel awful during TOM, if I don't I will lose weight and then gain it back when my body figures out what happened. I also try to drink alot of water during TOM to get rid of water retention. Another thing I used to do was take an herb called Vitex which got rid of all my PMS and TOM symptoms, Im gonna start back taking it. I hope this helps.
  • hollieam92
    hollieam92 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try really hard with the water drinking because I know I won't eat as much drinking water! Even got the bottles in the fridge ready for me heading in there for the cheese - for cheese on toast haha! Thanks :) I think I will be fine but I am dreading doing 30DS with mildly annoying cramps ha!
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It's my TOM right now, and I just completed Day 3 of Level 2. I cramp pretty badly, but I did it anyway since exercise helps reduce cramping. If you gain a pound or so, don't get discouraged - 30DS is known to cause temporary weight gain in the beginning, mainly because of the water retention in your muscles. I have chosen not to weigh myself until after I'm finished with the program, but I most definitely see changes in my body, so I know it's working. Don't let your TOM affect you, though. If anything, it should help with the cramping for a little bit.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Tom doesn't effect me at all as long you eat right and workout,you should still be able loss lbs or at least inches.
  • gemmalianne84
    Options
    I hate TOM (which is RIGHT NOW!) because I can't stop eating. I've got no energy and feel completely demotivated. I've been doing Insanity and 30DS but only doing Shred every other day at the moment because TOM is really affected my mood. Thankfully it will only be for a week. I'm great any other time! Hopefully 1 week out of 4 won't ruin the diet.
  • hollieam92
    hollieam92 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, just been for a walk with the little one running riot with the dog and I do feel alot better. Doing 30DS when little one goes to be Day 1 level 1. Dreading it because i've always quit before day 5 level 1 haha!