Someone give me a kick up the a**

Options
Last Sunday I got on the scales and saw I'd hit a 2 stone loss. More than, in fact. 2 stone 1 lb.

So, Monday I was good all day, then rather than make dinner in the evening, I had a binge as a 'reward'. I know, I don't know why I do it either. 5 chocolate yogurts and one sharing bag of doritos later, I was happy.

Tuesday, again, good all day, then I got home and the other half had a friend over that wanted a take-away. I couldn't say no to KFC.

I get on the scales Wednesday and I've put on 5 lb! Considering it takes me 2-3 weeks to LOSE 5 lb, I think it's slightly harsh that I've put that on in two evenings.

Anyway, I get to work today and its someones birthday, and they've bought in goodies. I've had a slice of chocolate cake, a mini carrot cake, 4 mini scotch eggs and a mini scotch pie.

Help. I'm slipping back into the old me!

Replies

• deanna_bond
    deanna_bond Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    DONT GIVE UP Stop now and go for a ultra walk and only drink water for a day with your HEALTHY meals. Just dont give up what ever you do. "the ones who fall and get back up and continue may not win the race but are the strongest at the finish line"
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself that. Do you ever find that when you eat 'naughty' things, you crave them again for ages?
  • lifescircle
    Options
    Here's your kick girl.... :explode:

That is done.

New day.

Stay on track with a smile on your face. There are healthy things that taste good too. You already know that you just need to get in the habit then you won't even want that stuff.

NEW DAY. :flowerforyou:

Go forth... be brave... smile... LAUGH... shake your booty... flap your arms... jump up and down... move that body... and eat some yummy greek yogurt.... mmmm... Chobani Pineapple is delicious.

NEW DAY.

Are you pumped?

Cheers :drinker:
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself that. Do you ever find that when you eat 'naughty' things, you crave them again for ages?

Your body likes the high feeling. It is a pleasure release. I don't see pounds falling off with increased water intake. Yet, I find my cravings for soda is almost non existent. .

Before you eat anything ask your self this: is the 30 minutes of feeling good, worth that entire weeks frustration?
  • lauren3101
    Options

Before you eat anything ask your self this: is the 30 minutes of feeling good, worth that entire weeks frustration?

It wasn't, no. I enjoyed my two nights of bad food, but it wasn't worth 5 lb.

I'm just mentally arguing with myself at the moment. Seeing the scales shoot up 5 lb has put me into that 'well I've blown it anyway' frame of mind.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

NEW DAY

I can't stress this enough! Yup, it's a new day, you CAN do this. Don't give up...it takes time (as you know) to lose weight, it also took time to gain it. And yes, some of that 5 pounds could be cause your body didn't know what it just went through.

Drink water today-as much as you can and then drink some more.

You've got this!
  • GuineaMother
    GuineaMother Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    *kick*
    Come on girl, don't let yourself down like that. You've done SO WELL! 2 stone is A-mazing. You can pick it back up again, you just need to give yourself a stern look in the mirror, hold your head high and get back on the healthy horse.
    :wink:
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options

^^^^ I have to tell myself this at least once a day!

You have been kicked! Tomorrow is another day, you can turn it around and get loosing again!
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    And, it probably really wasn't a 5 pound gain except gain in fluid. Bet in a couple of more days it will fall off pretty quick. Doritos & fried chicken, lol, that is couple of things that will certainly aid in holding on to water.
  • lauren3101
    Options
    And, it probably really wasn't a 5 pound gain except gain in fluid. Bet in a couple of more days it will fall off pretty quick. Doritos & fried chicken, lol, that is couple of things that will certainly aid in holding on to water.

Thanks all. Kicks welcome.

^ Is this true? I've increased my water intake a LOT over the past week. So, loads of water plus fried chicken and doritos = 5 lb gain in two days?
  • emilym_3
    emilym_3 Posts: 62
    Options
    A lot of that is probably water weight. Drink lots of water with lemons, and eat watermelon!
  • banshishi
    banshishi Posts: 197
    Options
    Seriously I know what you mean about once you start you crave for ages...I slipped about 3 yrs ago and its been craving and eating **** ever since..and gained over 30lbs doing so..get it together dont let food rule you...its a nightmare of a slippery slope...I find that if I have anything salty it really tips the cravings into overdrive..
  • Sheakat
    Sheakat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My will power slips now and again, too! I think everyone's does at one time or another. It's too easy to get back into unhealthy choices...and they are all CHOICES! Get back on track and do what you have to do. And, whatever you do, don't get on the scale right after eating too much....it's too hard on us!
  • solamentemama
    Options
    First, forgive yourself! No kicks. We all fall off the wagon as it were. The other day I told friends I had given up diet soda, except for one a day which is a huge step for me. HUGE! What do you think I did the very next day? Drank 3 sodas, yes 3. So much of this is psychological. Why would I do that? Doesn't matter because the next day, I went back to one soda a day and the days since. You just have to get back in the game, even after those off days. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Thanks all. Kicks welcome.

^ Is this true? I've increased my water intake a LOT over the past week. So, loads of water plus fried chicken and doritos = 5 lb gain in two days?

In order to gain 5 pounds of FAT in 2 days, you would have had to have eaten 17,500 calories MORE than what your body required (3500 calories in one pound of fat). That is not a guess. It is science. 17,500 calories would not have been a few pieces of chicken and a bag of Doritos. That would have been an entire henhouse and a case of bags of Doritos. More like about a 1/2 pound fat gain and 4 1/2 pounds of fluid from all of the sodium in those foods, depending on how much you ate. Up your water intake, cut the sodium, move around a bit and in a day or two, you'll be right back where you want to be. I PROMISE!!!
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    Keep your eye on the prize! I look at photos of the body type I want to be. (creepy, I know! It's works though) I tell myself I'd rather fo to bed happy with my choices rather than pissed off.

Much luck, doll!
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    ...I've increased my water intake a LOT over the past week. So, loads of water plus fried chicken and doritos = 5 lb gain in two days?
    Drinking the water by itself is not going to increase body fluid retention. It is the extra sodium (salt) in the Doritos & the coating on the fried chicken that tells your body to retain the fluid. No big deal normally, it will come out as the sodium level drops.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    you need one day a week to cheat!

I eat clean all week. On Wednesdays I eat clean all day and then on Wednesday nights I go out for fajitas and ritas and have something with chocolate after. I start over again on Thursday morning with clean eating and look forward to next Wednesday.

This keeps me on track and to be honest I feel so much better physically when I don't put junk food in my body on a regular basis.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am all for having a binge session every now and again. But you gotta control it. You can eat ****ty food and lose weight, but you likely wont be sculpting into the body you want. Its like one step forward but two steps back.
    I've been stressing this....If it was easy, every single mother fuc*er would be doing. If you can't commit to cleaning up your eating for the most part and working out you are not destined to have the body you want.
    You can't have the body and health you want with work you didn't do.
    Just do it!
  • starrrjo
    starrrjo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Whilst eating healthier, for a while (since your body is used to a high fat intake) your body goes into starvation mode. this is also why a lot of people dont see results of their diet for a week or so. Starvation mode is where it is clinging onto any bit of fat you take in as it thinks you are starving yourself.
    Your 2 day binge has just slowed your body down a bit now, it is going to hug and kiss those bits of fat and avoid letting go, but youve got to snatch it and run away. It will get back on track, but regular binges like that will definately see you piling the pounds back in. It takes days to lose a pound, but only moments to put it back on. Be careful and think NO! Because it is a slippery slope :)