Best food experiences...

Options
DeTaart
DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
Some of the most enjoyable meals/foods I have ever experienced have been some of the simplest:

- crispy tiny pepper-shrimp from a Jamaican roadside stall – eaten whole, heads and all, from a paper bag
- pastel de nata (custard tarts) still warm from a Lisbon bakery – soft eggy custard, slightly burnt on top and flaky pastry , divine with an espresso
- Indian thali in Singapore – spicy mutton keema, soft blistering parathas, crisp samosas, creamy dahls and super-sweet milky pistachio fudge for dessert.

What are you best dining experiences? For me, they’re invariably linked to travel… I love regional cuisine.

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    -Anything my grandmother makes. its always delicious, feels like home, and we all talk and laugh and that is the making of true memories.

-When I was in middle school, the cafeteria baked XXL chocolate chip cookies. They were literally face sized. In the mornings, if you got to school early enough, you could get one hot and fresh and gooey and melty! That is something I will never, ever. ever. forget. They were heavenly.

- home made toasted coconut ice cream in naples, florida. I swear on my life best ice cream I have ever had.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    My best food experience was back in college, involving Kahlua, hot fudge, whipped cream, and a co-ed...