Tough Mudder accomplished !!

Options
atynk
atynk Posts: 400 Member
Well I did it! On saturday I competed in the Tough Mudder Toronto and damn was it hard! All the hill training I did, did not help AT ALL for this race! It was held on a ski hill, and basically was going up and down black diamond with obstacles in between. It was 16 km of craziness !! The obstacles were super fun, and crazy- we were forced to submerge ourselves in freezing cold water, climb over giant walls, crawl through rocks and mud under barbed wire, and run through live wires- getting extremely shocked! There was one obstacle that looked like a slip and slid that we thought it was super fun, but really it had sharp rocks under it lol... I got hit in the leg by a big rock and torn a few muscles in it.. and had to limp the last 4 km of the race. There was barely any running since the hills were so steep you could only try to walk up them, and jog down ... It took us almost 4 hours ( since I slowed everyone down at the end with the limp) but none the less, I finished it :) It was a great feeling... and glad I can say I am a survivor!!

Before the race
ToughMudder2012010.jpg

Running through the live wires! Ouch
ToughMudder2012121.jpg

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Looks like so much fun!
  • atynk
    Options
    Looks like so much fun!

I'm not gonna lie- it was brutal... we were all smiling and laughing the first 2 hour or so, then it was grumpy faces and like - will this torture end! lol.... everytime we thought we were close there was another giant hill !
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was there!!! My boyfriend was in it. I didnt train to go in it, but Ill be there next year!!! Congrats on accomplishing it. U should be sooo proud!!
    P.s. The hill was brutal, I climbed up to Obstacle 17, the log one and decided I was done lol I was just spectating
  • ds233005
    ds233005 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing! I am registered for the one in Ohio in April. I am so excited even though I know it will be brutal. Training now!!
  • KCramer12
    KCramer12 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Looks like tons of fun! Congrats on finishing!!
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am doing the Mid-Alantic Tough Mudder Septemeber 9....
  • Carla2299
    Carla2299 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I am training for the TM Calgary 2013. What an accomplishment!!

When you say the hill training you did did not help you...what would you do different if you ran again next year?

Again, congrats!
  • mauswood
    mauswood Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Tough Mudder. Congrats on finishing!
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    ConGrATulAtionS!

I'm training for Tought Mudder - Colorado - 2013. CAN"T WAIT!
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I was there as well and I agree with everything you said (they had closed the mud slide obstacle by the time we got there because of the liner ripping and rocks being exposed) .... The incline of the hills were absolute HELL! I did plenty of hill running in my training but I certainly had not ran any hills like that!!! We finished in about the same time.... My biggest obstacle was the Arctic enema, I could not breath... what an experience! I can't wait to do it all over again next summer!
  • eric5150ii
    eric5150ii Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's my goal - to run the 2013 TM SoCal II. Congrats!
  • atynk
    Options
    Congrats!!! I am training for the TM Calgary 2013. What an accomplishment!!

When you say the hill training you did did not help you...what would you do different if you ran again next year?

Again, congrats!

Well a lot of the Tough mudders aren't on ski hills- My friend that did this one plus the one in Ohio said the Ohio was a walk in the park compared to this one since it wasn't on a hill.. Since the hills are so steep you can only walk up them, and I had been running up hills here and there, but basically some of the hills take like 30 min to walk up, and I def wasn't walking on a steep incline for 3 hours training lol... Next year I am doing one in michigan and if I find out its on a ski hill again, I will be doing a lot of stair master or treadmill for an hour on the highest incline for an hour at least 1 x a week
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I'm hoping to get through the one in Ontario next summer. It's nice to hear that it's actually possible!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congrats :-)
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!! I'm doing the NorCal at Northstar Ski Resort September 23rd. Getting so stoked!!!!

Congrats on making it through!!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Congrats on doing the Mudder! Some of my friends did it this year so I went and got pictures and yeah, none of the training you can do will prepare you for it lol Their's was on a ski hill as well. Although I still can't wait til 2012 to do it! Have you signed up for another one yet? :wink:
  • jessicaklessig
    jessicaklessig Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    really thinking about making this a goal for next year . Awesome job
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!....

Mid-Atlantic Tough Mudder, Sept 8th....i'll be there, team name "One Bad Mudder"
  • SmudgerSmithRhino
    Options
    Hi, you've just made me even more excited, I'm doing the Tough Mudder in the UK in November.

Cannot wait, all my friends and family think I am completely mad!

Congrats on finishing it. Good to know that training was no use!!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I'm training for the Tough Mudder in Central TX on 10/6. Gotta get that Tough Mudder logo tattoo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!