Tough Mudder accomplished !!

Options
2»

Replies

• reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Wow...makes me wish we had one of them here.

Congrats on surviving. Looks brutal but so much fun!
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishment! Very exciting!

You said the hill running didn't help prepare you. Can I ask what you would have done differently in training for this? What would have helped prepare you better?

My daughter and I are in the beginning stages of training. I think we are looking at a year out still. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. =) Thanks!
  • badfattitude
    badfattitude Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the Spartan Race in Chandler AZ in Feb 2013. Any training advice?
  • CBoogie84
    CBoogie84 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on completing it!! I am planning on doing the one in Dec. in Florida. I've heard they can be quite brutal, but well worth it once you've finished it!
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Major props girl!!! What an accomplishment. I'm training for my first Mudder June 2013. I am so stoked, I dream about it constantly. It just can't get here fast enough!! Long live mudders!!!
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishment! Very exciting!

You said the hill running didn't help prepare you. Can I ask what you would have done differently in training for this? What would have helped prepare you better?

My daughter and I are in the beginning stages of training. I think we are looking at a year out still. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. =) Thanks!

Well I am sure it did prepare me some, but even with all the activity I did I found it extremely hard- but then again, I'd like to see you find someone that says it was easy--- they don't want to make it easy lol... One of the girls I did it with seemed to struggle much less than me on the hills, and she told me that she spent the last month taking the stairs at her apartment (on the 13th floor) so she did that several times a day and it seemed to help a lot. The obstacles are challenging but you don't need to train for them.. It is really about getting through it mentally, your arms and legs are going to be covered in cuts and bruises and then you will have to use those parts to get through the next obstacle causing a lot of pain. There are tons of posters they put up reminding you its not a race, but a challenge. Go at your own pace, you will pass people, people will pass you, but its all about finishing it. People in my group brought gloves, but tossed them out, I didn't and was fine.
    If you can go to a park and practice the monkey bars- that is one of the obstacles, I made it through that one without practicing but, most girls had trouble. I fell off the ring one, but making to the the end of the monkey bars made me feel really good. Next year I will try to complete the ring one.
    I saw people of all ages do this race, and there is no reason that someone couldn't finish it - it may take them 6 hours , but they will eventually reach the end!
    Honestly I have lost 50 lbs, competed in triathlons, and had a baby recently, and the feeling of accomplishing this was just as great as those accomplishments. I rec this for anyone and everyone!!
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the Spartan Race in Chandler AZ in Feb 2013. Any training advice?

You will be great. just make sure you can run 10 km . Not even straight, just total. I did the warrior dash a few months ago, and it is very similar, and that was a breeze. Running a bit then an obstacle. Its great because it gives you a nice break in between the running. If you can run on rough terrain even better since its not flat roads.
  • Carla2299
    Carla2299 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow! There are so many people training for Tough Mudder- we should form our own group...have mini challenges along the way!
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Wow! There are so many people training for Tough Mudder- we should form our own group...have mini challenges along the way!

YES!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!