Annoyed with the hubbs...warning-this is a rant.

Options

Replies

• NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'd ask him to go on with the rest of your friends without you and you'll catch him up - tailgate the tailgate:happy: . Then you can show off your new hairdo.
    I agree with this, just drop him off with the crew leaving early and catch up with them when your done.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Um, work out earlier?

I wish my schedule was that free that all I had to worry about was a work out, a hair cut and a football game.

But perhaps I'm just not a "typical" girly girl. I get my hair cut when it looks like a fe-mullet. That's about it.

The workout in this case was not the problem. read the above posts.

Workout before haircut...the haircut was the problem.

Well, you did schedule it long before he brought up this whole game business. I say get your hair-cut, join him later. Think about the calories you'll save by not being at the tailgate as long! : )
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Gotta say, 9 times out of 10, I never agree with a wife rant, but I'm with you on this one. Not because it's hair vs. football or anything, but you had your thing scheduled way before and he knew about it. And even if he didn't, he still would have gotten to tail gait AND see all of the game. It's about equal consideration.

Glad you guys got it worked out.
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Do your thing then meet him. Being married does not mean being joined at the hip

I agree 100%!!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    2) Frequent trims do not actually promote faster hair growth

Damn it!!!! What does?

eat right. if your body has all the nutirents it needs, your hair will grow faster. besides that, it's genetics.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    2) Frequent trims do not actually promote faster hair growth

Damn it!!!! What does?

eat right. if your body has all the nutirents it needs, your hair will grow faster. besides that, it's genetics.

Exactly. Your hair is dead. Trimming the ends is counterproductive. It grows from the roots.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Have your stylist tailgate with you and then cut your hair.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do what makes you both happy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Drafted before preseason is over? Whaaaat? What if one of your players get hurt before the season even starts?
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what "tailgate" means in this context :laugh:
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    So whats the problem with going to the tail gate afterward? Wow some people.....

I'm totally up for the tailgate and I love football... He just didn't want to wait until 2.

What I meant, Was What does it matter if you go afterward, Go get your hair cut, then meet up afterward. Seems logical.
  • rml_16
    Options

LMAO

In the US, before sports games people get together in the parking lot to drink and eat and have a good time before the game. "Tailgate" refers to the tailgate of a pickup truck.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Yall don't tailgate soccer games?

Show up early sit in the parking lot with a cooler of beer and a grill?
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'd skip the workout or do it at an earlier time.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Get your hair done and skip the workout.

Or skip the workout and reschedule the hair cut. I get that you're trying to grow it out and keeping up on trims is something that has to be done but will a few weeks or even a month be that detrimental to your hair? I doubt it.

I completely understand why your husband would want to get there early and start the festivities because parking will probably be a b*tch.

Or go do your own thing and meet up with them later. I don't think it's a huge issue. It's just a hair cut and a workout.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    So tomorrow, my husband wants to go with some friends to a pre season football game. We're gonna tailgate with friends and then go to the game-which is fine, don't get me wrong.

Here is the problem. For over a month I have had a haircut scheduled for that morning. My plan was to get up somewhat early-get my workout and then go get my hair cut. Then we can leave for the game.

He is not being flexible on the time. He wants me to either move my haircut to a different weekend or see if i can get in earlier.

If I try to move it earlier, I will not have time to work out. It may be a LONG time before I can get it scheduled for a different day because she's good at what she does, so she's very busy most days and may have a hard time getting me in any time soon.

I'm attempting to get my hair to grow out and so staying on top of trims is a difficult thing to do...

Girls...do you sympathize? I feel like he's being kind of stubborn on leaving a LITTLE later to go tailgate...we won't be missing the game and will still have almost two hours for tailgating. I'm just annoyed.

I totally sympathize with you and I know how difficult it can be to reschedule a haircut appt. I have been faced with similar situations a few times and I think if it was me, I would skip the workout if the hairstylist could see me earlier. If that is not an option, then I would keep everything as is and meet the other person later. Only problem with the last alternative is that you will be driving 2 cars. I would not reschedule the haircut.
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Being Irish, I can confirm we definitely don't tailgate here. More than likely it will be lashing rain, freezing cold and only the really loyal fans actually go and freeze their butts off supporting their team!! Lol..
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the good advice.

I got the appointment moved up to earlier...do the workout on the way home and then shower and get to some tailgating...

Pretty sure I'll reward myself with a brat and some awesome beer.

Perfect solution! Congrats.

Reading the comments leading up to this I was about to say "Workouts can be done any time of the day, 7 days a week. Haircuts can be scheduled for almost any day of the week. This particular game will only be a one-time event. Sure there are other games, but for this one event it seems acceptable to reschedule your workout."
    But you've already accomplished this on your own.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I'd ask him to go on with the rest of your friends without you and you'll catch him up - tailgate the tailgate:happy: . Then you can show off your new hairdo.

^^This.
  • rml_16
    Options

Being Irish, I can confirm we definitely don't tailgate here. More than likely it will be lashing rain, freezing cold and only the really loyal fans actually go and freeze their butts off supporting their team!! Lol..

You are definitely a different breed! I'm a Buffalo Bills fan and the games where it's 30 below 0 still see a packed house and women in bikinis! A little rain would never keep an American football fan away.