Protein shakes and bloationg

Options
ocean26
ocean26 Posts: 122 Member
I've been drinking the EAS Myoplex Advantedge carb control shakes for the past week...and I'm so bloated now I look like I'm preggers. I think it was caused by the shake because I had one right before I went to sleep last night. Other than that I haven't been eating a lot of carbs so I don't know where else this would have come from. I ate a ton of fiber today to hopefully make it go down, but has anyone else had this problem with protein shakes?

Replies

• Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Some react differently to different shakes. I tried a few different ones before I found the one I like. And sometimes your bloating could be girl issues or water retention not necessarily the shake. I'd switch up my shake and drink lots of water. Patience always helps.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    Some people are sensitive to the lactose ingredient in the shakes. You might shop around a bit.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    same thing happened with me. FOr some reason the cheapest protein shake(thank god for it being cheap!) was the one that did not bloat me! Everytime I go into a GNC the sales people try to talk me into a higher cost protein shake(most of which I have tried in my attempts to find one that doesn't make me bloat!) and dissuade me from Designer Whey. But for me...it works. Sometimes you gotta keep trying to figure out what your body will cooperate with. The protein shake I use isn't gross tasting but it's not the best. I actually tried this uber delicious shake once...but it made me bloat and um..tmi...had me in the bathroom for hours! So even if I get one that tastes great, not necessarily one my stomach likes.

I just bought another protein powder to try yesterday in fact. Wish me luck!
  • sherylawalker
    Options
    I had to ditch whey protein because I could not digest it well.....
  • BeautyIsABeast
    BeautyIsABeast Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hmm...im a protein shake junkie. Its not having that affect on me. But cottage cheese does. lol
  • tpowell38
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant and have the same issue with any milk based product. I use charcoal caps that you can buy otc and take shortly after drinking my shake... they work wonderfully.