Annoyed with the hubbs...warning-this is a rant.

Options

Replies

• WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think I am more annoyed with the fact that you used the word hubs and you spelled it with 2 b's.

Also why did you feel the need to post about this... It was a hair appointment.. Not the end of the world.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think I am more annoyed with the fact that you used the word hubs and you spelled it with 2 b's.

Also why did you feel the need to post about this... It was a hair appointment.. Not the end of the world.

The title says, "Warning, this is a rant." Did you expect it to be the end of the world?
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    you could get up earlier for your workout - or do a bigger workout the night before?

This. Make the appointment for earlier, and skip your work out or do it after the game. I don't see why it's a big deal?
  • TrainTheTiger
    TrainTheTiger Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, the entire NFL schedule, including pre-season, was published months ago.

On the other hand, I'd be an idiot if I saw when LSU was playing Alabama/Auburn/Florida, etc., at home, in say, March, and then told my wife at the end of October, hey, we're going next week!

Of course, her response would probably be, "You slacker, I already packed the car, and you're late!"
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'd ask him to go on with the rest of your friends without you and you'll catch him up - tailgate the tailgate:happy: . Then you can show off your new hairdo.

^^This! I totally understand about haircut timing, my hair dresser is extremely hard to get in to, so I only cancel appointments if there is a death involved!!
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I get the annoyance actually. It's not that easy to reschedule a haircut, particularly on a weekend or in the evenings. I book 2-3 appointments ahead, more around the holidays. In fact, I go for a haircut and color tomorrow, and will book through January. With gas at $4.00/gallon and parking fees on top of it, I get why you wouldn't want to take two cars either. If you're the first appointment of the day, I would see if you could go a little earlier. Tell your husband that you got in earlier, take the keys, and go. If you're late, you're late. Apologize profusely and bring home his favorite beer so he can enjoy it at the tailgate.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    One thing to remember in life, always distrust anyone in your life that profits from you showing up, such as your hair cutter telling you that you really should get it cut every 4 to 6 weeks to promote growth. Lol.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    OP- You mentioned DC... Which game are you going to?

Now that you mentioned DC, it changes my answer. For everyone suggesting that he goes to the game early and you meet him there--- FORGET THAT. I avoid the beltway at all costs.
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Life's about making memories. I think down the road you'll remember the game and how much fun you had tailgating but if you skip it to get your hair cut I doubt that will stick out in your mind later. Do the things that let you be with the ones you love, skip the hair cut, it's just hair.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a classic case of WPP to me... :laugh:
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I think you're being a bit dramatic. Why not use that day to rest and not work out, get your hair cut and just enjoy the day with your husband? Or even work out after the whole thing if you have the energy? My opinion, get your hair cut earlier, go with your husband and friends and enjoy a day of tailgating and making some fond memories. You can work out any other day.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    lol. get up earlier. or don't work out. or tell him you'll go later.

there are many solutions. i think you are being a bit silly. missing a work out won't kill you
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Ummm...just skip the workout, get your hair cut, and enjoy the game.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    It's just a frigging haircut...?
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I wish that was the most annoying thing my husband did. I'm being snarky, and I sorta understand your frustration, but that's just part of living with someone else. As others have suggested, assuming you have a second car (we don't) why not just catch up with them later.

Also, quite frankly, if you're trying to grow your hair out, why not just trim it yourself? If this is just a matter of getting rid of split or about to split ends, that can be done at home. (I have hair well past my waist, so I know a little about frequent trims.)
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'd ask him to go on with the rest of your friends without you and you'll catch him up - tailgate the tailgate:happy: . Then you can show off your new hairdo.

This seems like a good compromise!

I was going to suggest this... I have had to this very thing to keep my workout schedule or attend a walk/race that I wanted. It's worked out well...hubby's happy and I am happy. (one of us catches a ride with someone - so that we only have one car- but if that doesn't work just take two cars)

Happy Game !!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    So whats the problem with going to the tail gate afterward? Wow some people.....

I'm totally up for the tailgate and I love football... He just didn't want to wait until 2.

Redskins huh? Yeah.......2 is too late to start on the tailgate......
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    So tomorrow, my husband wants to go with some friends to a pre season football game. We're gonna tailgate with friends and then go to the game-which is fine, don't get me wrong.

Here is the problem. For over a month I have had a haircut scheduled for that morning. My plan was to get up somewhat early-get my workout and then go get my hair cut. Then we can leave for the game.

He is not being flexible on the time. He wants me to either move my haircut to a different weekend or see if i can get in earlier.

If I try to move it earlier, I will not have time to work out. It may be a LONG time before I can get it scheduled for a different day because she's good at what she does, so she's very busy most days and may have a hard time getting me in any time soon.

I'm attempting to get my hair to grow out and so staying on top of trims is a difficult thing to do...

Girls...do you sympathize? I feel like he's being kind of stubborn on leaving a LITTLE later to go tailgate...we won't be missing the game and will still have almost two hours for tailgating. I'm just annoyed.

can you just do your stuff and meet up later?
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a personal problem.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    If your husband asked you to do sometimes aside your normal routine, and he normally doesn't ask you to do that, then change your routine and go with him. Cut out the workout, get your hair done and go with him. It's your husband, be glad that he wants to be with you.