vote: zumba dvds or 30DS

Options
I have both. I am currently doing C25K but want to do something else also. cant decide which to do. what do you think i should do?

Replies

• hopeful_heather
    Options
    bump!!!
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I love zumba, you can burn 500-1000 calories and it is so much fun to do it. I don't have 30 Day Shred but will be buying it. You may have to pick this one out of a hat, do both or do e/o day for a change up
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    30DS.
    I do Zumba, the dvd is a fun workout, but I personally don't see results with it. It has worked for others with weight loss, but not me. I do it when I'm feeling lazy but I know I have to work out. You'll definitely enjoy it though.
    With 30DS I lost about 8lbs and a lot of inches, I can't remember how much from it alone, but I could definitely see results, so that's why I say 30DS
  • MizzTatiana
    MizzTatiana Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I started my exercise journey with Zumba. I lost a few pounds and had fun doing it. But I knew it wasn't goning to get me very toned... So I started 30DS. But that is hard to get excited about :/ Soo... I start off my work out with about 10 mins of Zumba for cardio and to get me going, then I head into 30DS. I'm def seeing/feeling the results. There's no reason to chose!
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Zumba = cardio, its FUN cardio but still in the end its cardio.

30DS= toning and inch dropping.
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    30ds is more fun and see results quicker. but that's my opinion.

however i have zumba flat abs dvd which i add to it to increase calorie burn and cardio.

So maybe do a bit of both? or alternate? Then you get the best of both worlds and *fingers crossed* won't get bored like i sometimes do!!!!

S
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Zumba.

It's fun and it wasn't too hard on my knees and joints like 30DS was.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I love them both and have had success with both. Why not mix it up and change between the two of them!
  • tetracat
    tetracat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba classes and am doing 30DS. I love Zumba, and I use it for fun and stress relief. 30DS is hard and makes me tired and sore. I would do both!
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    30 DS
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You're already running, so you don't need to add more cardio. I love Zumba, but it's just straight cardio.

No 30DS is not as fun when you're doing it, but the results are insane if done with dedication and diligence. I'm about halfway through it, and I've already lost 7 lbs, and a total of 5 inches. The results are MUCH better than Zumba.
  • jwatson7
    jwatson7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have 30DS. I have used it often but I would like to make another recommendation. I really enjoy the 30 minutes to fitness series. I have 30 minutes to fitness weights and 30 minutes to fitness lifting. I prefer those videos to 30DS.
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Why not mix and match both and have the best of both worlds?
  • mebutslimmer
    mebutslimmer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Zumba. Kinder to the joints and good fun.

And 30DS is available for free on Youtube anyway.
  • GenieBB
    GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    30 day shred was really an eye opener for me, its a hour worth of "phoning it in" at other easier slower paced videos- in 20 minutes!!
    Its a great compact little workout that I lost 2 pants sizes doing!! I did it took around 45 days and jogged 4 days a week (30 min or 2.5 miles) and off weekends. Lost 20 lbs. zumba is better for maintaining and for fun, 30DS was hardcore, in my opinion...
    I would do shred and then do zumba after to maintain.