Beauty this morning...

Options
ilovemybuggy
ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
:heart: Was arriving at work and about to walk into the office door when I saw this little beauty resting by our door. Couldn't resist taking some pictures so I could share him with all of you :) Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! Hello, Mr. Luna Moth

lunamoth.jpg

Replies

• Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Oh wow that's wild! We don't have moths like that around here lol
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    He was so beautiful! I had never seen one before :) Not in person, anyway.
  • Onmynewadventure
    Options
    I think I would have mistaken it for a butterfly. I have never heard or seen one before. Is it that bright green in person?
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    b4bz9i.jpg

awwww not nice! Though if I saw something like that- I would probably have a similar reaction...or just run. :laugh:
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I think I would have mistaken it for a butterfly. I have never heard or seen one before. Is it that bright green in person?

Yep! At first glance I thought it was a leaf...then a butterfly... then once I saw it's body, I realized what it was.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I would have ran screaming the other way! Moths and butterflies scare the living bejesus out of me!
  • Whart0603
    Whart0603 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I had one of them outside my house. Thought it was a leaf at first sitting on the trash can and ended up being one of those except brown.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I would have ran screaming the other way! Moths and butterflies scare the living bejesus out of me!

I am usually not a fan of moths - at least not the pesky ones that hang out by the light next to your door and attack you when you're trying to get in your house at night- but this one was unlike any i'd ever seen before. As for butterflies- I LOVE THEM!
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Aw how beautiful, thanks for sharing :)
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

I am usually not a fan of moths - at least not the pesky ones that hang out by the light next to your door and attack you when you're trying to get in your house at night- but this one was unlike any i'd ever seen before. As for butterflies- I LOVE THEM!

I can't handle either of them, there is just something really sinister about the way they flit around. Creeps me out (I know I'm a weirdo and I have come to terms with it!!)
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

I can't handle either of them, there is just something really sinister about the way they flit around. Creeps me out (I know I'm a weirdo and I have come to terms with it!!)

haha! That's okay, we all have our things. Mine are spiders, snakes , and pretty much ANY bug.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Aw how beautiful, thanks for sharing :)
    you're welcome !
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I had one of them outside my house. Thought it was a leaf at first sitting on the trash can and ended up being one of those except brown.

I probably wouldnt' have thought that one was very pretty lol - i'll have to google it

Googled it- take it back! That one is pretty too. They're so neat.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    So gorgeous!!!!!!
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous. I saw my only luna moth ealier this year, but it was dead in the middle of the Franconcia Ridge Loop trail in the White Mountains :(
  • confettibetti
    Options

haha! That's okay, we all have our things. Mine are spiders, snakes , and pretty much ANY bug.

You like snakes?? :)
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

NO MA'AM!! HATE THEMMMMMMMMMMM
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Gorgeous. I saw my only luna moth ealier this year, but it was dead in the middle of the Franconcia Ridge Loop trail in the White Mountains :(

That would have made me sad :(
  • confettibetti
    Options

NO MA'AM!! HATE THEMMMMMMMMMMM

Oooh ok! I kinda love them! and have 3
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    She's really pretty! I don't think I've seen one like that sit still long enough to snap a pic!