How to up my cals without raising carbs?

Options
Hi all!

I'm consistently in the 900-1000 range for calories, which is under my goal but TOO much under my goal, right? The problem is, I don't know what to add to my diet without the carbs shooting up sky high (so far the only carbs I have are from fruit/veggies). I feel like if I incorporated breads/pastas my cals would go up so I would giving my body enough cals to not go into starvation mode BUT then my carbs would surpass the 100gram limit I'm going for. What can I add to my days?

oh, an example of my day:

Breakfast: 2 egg omelet with spinach and bacon bits

Lunch: chicken thigh and berries (lunch is usually a leftover from dinner)

Dinner: chicken/ground turkey, or beef plus veggies

Snacks: kiwis, berries, grapes -- these are eaten all throughout the day. I drink 4-5 water bottles a day.

It may seem like a lot, but I stay in that 900 range which is probably why I'm hardly losing weight. What to add?? Thanks!

Replies

• wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm consistently in the 900-1000 range for calories, which is under my goal but TOO much under my goal, right? The problem is, I don't know what to add to my diet without the carbs shooting up sky high (so far the only carbs I have are from fruit/veggies). I feel like if I incorporated breads/pastas my cals would go up so I would giving my body enough cals to not go into starvation mode BUT then my carbs would surpass the 100gram limit I'm going for. What can I add to my days?

oh, an example of my day:

Breakfast: 2 egg omelet with spinach and bacon bits

Lunch: chicken thigh and berries (lunch is usually a leftover from dinner)

Dinner: chicken/ground turkey, or beef plus veggies

Snacks: kiwis, berries, grapes -- these are eaten all throughout the day. I drink 4-5 water bottles a day.

It may seem like a lot, but I stay in that 900 range which is probably why I'm hardly losing weight. What to add?? Thanks!

Coconut oil or olive oil, 9 calories per gram.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Add protein or fat.

How about a steak.
  • Favor_fire
    Options
    @sidesteal -- *checks calories for steak* -- oh yes, that would definitely do the trick.

@wewon - How did I forget about coconut oil? I used to cook with it. I liked the taste so much I would even put it in hot chocolate.

Both really good ideas... thanks!
  • madmickie
    madmickie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    FAT
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Fish.
    I love cod especially. I eat fish practically every single day, haha.