starting keto / journey to the stage

Options
Hi yall!

First lil about me. Im 29 and live in So Cal. I work part time as a nanny and I cheer and dance for a semi pro football team. I loooove hockey and Im a big college football fan (Go Sooners).

To this point in my fitness journey Ive lost about 40ish lbs. However, I have a bigger goal in mind. I have my mind set to compete in the NPC - bikini division early next year... I was hoping to find others who might have a similar goal to help encourage and support each other. Im also planning to start a keto diet and was hoping to hear feedback from anyone who has tried it.

Let me know! :)

Replies

• christinaterrano
    Options
    I've been on the Keto diet for about a month and I've already lost over 13lbs. I know my ticker doesn't say that, but it started at a different spot. It's a very challenging diet, I won't lie. You have to be SOOO careful. I'd recommend getting the Keto sticks, I found mine at Walmart, that way you can track it. Look it up too! This way you can see the list of foods and have it with you when you shop. Also, to spice things up make sure to have spices on hand. Eating the same thing over and over gets boring for me, at least. GOOD LUCK!
  • dominique77
    dominique77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been on keto for a short period of time, but love it. I was having a really hard time losing the last 10 lbs, but as soon as I went on keto it just started happening. Look at it as a way to finally have some great full fat cheese, meat and creamy deserts and try new recipes (there are a lot out there)... no more buying low fat crap, forget lean turkey you can have rotisserie chicken guilt free, skin and all. So don't think of it as depriving yourself of pasta and sugar, but of trying new foods-- foods that if you've been dieting probably haven't had in a while. That said if you aren't a fan of meat and fat it might be hard to adjust to this. I find it works great for men - my bf can't believe he can eat all this and lose weight. Like all diets there will be foods you will miss. I miss fruit and yogurt not so much the bread... my bf misses potatoes. I would kill for a piece of chocolate, but I love cheesecake so I'm compensating with keto cheesecake and other creative desserts.

If you stick to it, it really does work great. Good luck.