Anyone have a Fit Bit?

Options
I was thinking of buying one. Any comments,ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it!
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    also have been thinking about getting one, need to see what other MFP people think of it :)
  • Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    All my activity gets logged through fibit and all my food through MFP. I have never had a HRM, but really like my fitbit, it clips on my bra and I wear it all day and night unless there is water involved (not waterproof). I like that it tracks my sleep and my activity. My husband and I both have one and we both love it. Message me if you have any questions or need anymore info.
  • Viddybear
    Viddybear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My fitbit is one of the best purchases I have made in my journey so far. It seems a bit pricey, but I never take it off, and it really helps me get an accurate calorie count each day. :smile:
  • LisaGore1
    Options
    I have one it's great device to get you moving but if you already move a lot and are looking for accuracy for calories burned, I would suggest a heart rate monitor. I have seen many inconsistencies in it but it gives you a general idea of steps and flights and calorie burn.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I like my FitBit. I stopped wearing it for awhile but am back with it now. Try getting it at Amazon.com - it was $15 cheaper there when I bought it.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    love it. Wear it 24/7 (minus showers). :happy:
  • travelgirl96
    Options
    Go for it! It is awesome! you can link your fitbit to your MFP website
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have used my Fitbit since the first of March. I also have two heart rate monitors. I like the Fitbit because you use it all day long. A HRM is only good for the workout. The Fitbit keeps me moving.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Mine just came yesterday, this is my first full day with it and so far I love it! I stalled and stalled though it was pricey, tried pedometers, HRMs. I should have gotten this awhile ago. I have it hooked onto my bra strap, I do not use the clip they give you, I heard people lost it using that. Cannot feel it on after the first few minutes and I slept with it on too. I certainly have not used it long enough, but I am sure I will be happy I got it. Just from wearing it a half day yesterday I am sure I was giving myself too much credit for exercise calories burned. I would recommend it. :heart: :heart:
  • sonomawinesnob1
    Options
    I got one about a month ago and really like it. You can actually sync it up with MFP to upload your exercise calories, and it tracks your sleep patterns, which is nice. Had a body bugg prior to getting a Fit Bit, but walking around with that on your arm, especially during the summer months, looked rather silly. This little unit you can just clip on to your bra and off you go. Just make sure you don't accidentally send it off to the dry cleaners. If you have any questions - feel free to send me a message.
  • flag91
    flag91 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have one. I log all activity and food in MFP and it gets synched with Fitbit. The Fitbit tracker will synch once you are close enough to the base station which means you don't have to log anything in Fitbit. It's kind of a summary of how you did after it has synched with MFP. Just remember to log the time you started your workout so that the Fitbit will know what it tracked. Pretty cool!
  • sagmom
    sagmom Posts: 3
    Options
    I just received my fitbit a couple of days ago, and love it! My only question is why it starts the day with 415 calories already burned? I put it on the charger the last two nights, and when I go to put it on in the morning it already lists 415 calories burned. Any idea why?
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I love it!
    I thought I'd lost it a few weeks back and I was totally gutted, luckily I found it!
    Highly recommend it :smile:
  • LisaGore1
    Options
    I just received my fitbit a couple of days ago, and love it! My only question is why it starts the day with 415 calories already burned? I put it on the charger the last two nights, and when I go to put it on in the morning it already lists 415 calories burned. Any idea why?
    It takes your info and shows your actual burn throughout the day so even if you sat or slept asll day you burn calories those are the calories you need to sustain life.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I wear it all the time. I put it on the clip in the center of my bra (fits best there), and I can't feel it during the day at all. I clip it to the side of my sports bra when I exercise. I like having all of the data and find that it pushes me to get off my butt and move around when I've been too sedentary.

I also have a HRM for my actual workouts because I feel like it's more accurate for exercise.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Love mine and wear it 24/7 (except to shower & charge).

http://www.fitbit.com/user/22HTZ2
  • jmesches
    jmesches Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    been happy with mine. It is motivating. I like the sleep monitoring. I think it is a good adjunct to MFP. Also integrates with MapMyFitness apps.
  • MMoriarty2012
    Options
    My fitbit is one of the best purchases I have made in my journey so far. <snip>

I couldn't agree more! I love my Fitbit, it's been a valuable asset in assisting with my lifestyle change and MFP success.

I set my MFP profile to "sedentary", MFP imports the data from the Fitbit site which pulls it from my Fitbit, and then any walking that I do that's more than MFP's calculation of sedentary gets logged as calories to eat back. :smile:
  • nicolemarie0131
    nicolemarie0131 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!! Check Ebay, I got a great deal on mine... $70... LOVE LOVE LOVE it.. can't imagine not using it!