Losing the Happy Weight

Options
Hey All!

I've been on here for a few weeks now. I joined because I have been dating my boyfriend for 2 years and am still trying to take off the 20 lbs that I put on during the first 6 months of our relationship. I have always been super active and a reasonably healthy eater, so have tried to resume my old habits.

I took about 4 lbs. off by myself, but the weight loss has stalled and I needed extra motivation. I am finding a lot of it here!!

Is anyone else out there struggling with the happy weight? What are you doing? How are you staying motivated?

Replies

• littlejobo120
    littlejobo120 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow – I could be reading my own story! All my weight (originally 30lbs of it!) is happy weight so I COMPLETELY understand what you mean. Makes it harder when you’re STILL happy though coz now we have to work out in place of fun stuff we would be doing!

At least it’s better than sad weight though – we’ve had a good time putting it on but now it’s time for it to go! XX
  • KWhiteway_Dreamer
    KWhiteway_Dreamer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, I am doing the same, it all came on as 'Happy Weight'! My problem is that I get close to where I want to be then I start slacking. I really wanted to lose another 10 lbs by vacation (September 7-17) do you think I can do it? Fortunately I plan on being very active on my vacation with hiking and checking out the sites. This week is shark week so it is extra hard to eat right. I will be pushing myself to go to the gym tonight and work off at least 600 calories. Then I plan on doing some major biking this weekend!

Let's challenge each other to lose at least 7 lbs before September 7th!!! That should be doable! :)

And yes, it is better than sad weight!

Have a great day!
  • Brussel_Sprout81
    Options
    That's a serious challenge for me! I would take up the challenge to lose 4 lbs. by September 7th.... Let's do that!!
  • Brussel_Sprout81
    Options
    I totally agree... We have the same story. I'm still super duper happy and it is time for the weight to go. Luckily, my boyfriend is studying for a big exam, so his study schedule is on the fridge next to my workout tracker. Each day we have to check off our progress. If he's sitting down to hit the books then I have to go for a run.

Keep me updated if you have any tips on how to balance keeping the relationship happy and making time for yourself to lose the weight.