Mio liquid water enhancer

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I tried the fruit punch one. It's ok, but I don't like artificial sweeteners very much so I discontinued using it.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I don't like the aftertaste so I just put lemon in my water.

All I use in my water is fresh lemons or limes YUM:wink:
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I use it and love it. I recently got my husband to start using it, too - trying to get him off all the Diet Coke he drinks ALL DAY. Last night he asked me if Mio gave me terrible gas. He's noticed he's having more of that problem since adding Mio. I had to honestly say I'm not sure. With all the fresh vegetables I eat now, that's been an issue anyway, so I don't know whether to attribute it to Mio. Has anyone else noticed that problem?
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use it in at least one bottle of my water a day. The Meijer brand ones are good too. I actually just picked up a bunch of Mio because a store near me had a few flavors for $1
  • cbelt82
    cbelt82 Posts: 62
    Options
    I use it through out the day to break up the plainness of water. I also use it in sparkling water once a day for a strawberry watermelon "soda". Tastes like a italian soda but with zero sugar, calories, etc.... I used to have at the very least 4 diet cokes a day. This cures my craving for sodas.

BRILLIANT! I'm gonna try that!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You might want to read the ingredients on the MIO. I heard that one of them is the same as antifreeze... or in antifreeze. Was on the news once. I threw mine out right then. Not something I wanted to drink.

That was discussed here a few weeks ago - no antifreeze. A different chemical altogether.
  • RandleBoyz3
    RandleBoyz3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It tastes good but beware of the hidden sugar!

Try adding 100% lemon juice instead - it not only tastes good but it also removes toxins from your blood :)
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I haven't used mio, but I use Wal-mart brand peach mango.. LOVE IT!
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldnt recoomend it because of the sucralose it contains. Some studies have shown that it can reduce the good bacteria in your intestines, but mostly I just dont like to use artificial ingredients in my food and drink. Especially on a regular basis. I also dont like plain water though, so I use cucumber in my water sometimes. I have also heard people like other fruits such as lemon or blueberry, but so far cucumber is my favorite. I just put a few slices in my water bottle and they work all day. Much healthier and cost effective imo.
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use and love Mio you can get the Mio energy at the Dollar stores now also, I also love the SoBe water and Zero vitamin waters not too big on water alone but do drink it once in awhile
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth with MIO. I really love the flavors and it does help me get in more water. Buuuut it has artificial sweeteners which I want to get away from. Bottom line, I drink it until I am used to drinking that much liquid a day and then wean myself off it and just do regular water until I can't stand that anymore. It's a cycle.
  • LindaTeter
    Options
    Been usin it for quite some time. Used to use the Crystal Light and other brands but found out they contain aspertame which can cause headaches especially in someone who suffers from them regularly. I do belive you can count it as your water intake since there are no calories.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You might want to read the ingredients on the MIO. I heard that one of them is the same as antifreeze... or in antifreeze. Was on the news once. I threw mine out right then. Not something I wanted to drink.

That was discussed here a few weeks ago - no antifreeze. A different chemical altogether.

There is an ingredient used in antifreeze called Propylene Glycol...that is used in foods...like fake sugars, ice cream, cakes, and sodas.....I beleive MIO and products like MIO use the artifical sweetner that contains propylene glycol...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It tastes good but beware of the hidden sugar!

Try adding 100% lemon juice instead - it not only tastes good but it also removes toxins from your blood :)

What?
  • sadiebear2
    Options
    Those Mio things give me wicked headaches!! (lol) I now use the Crystal Light Raspberry Green Teas YUM!
    And I dont get headaches anymore. =)
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to a lengthy discussion that has been had on here about the whole anti-freeze issue..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/232264-mio-water-enhancer-warning
  • SweetMelisa85
    SweetMelisa85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love me some MIO! It's a lifesaver! And I too put it in selter water to have a "soda" with dinner....yum!
  • mleise
    mleise Posts: 2
    Options
    water is an ingerdient in antifreeze
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I have the black cherry Mio Energy and I love it. I use it almost every day in a bottle of water, but not all day every day because I think that would be too much caffiene haha (and I would prob get sick of it)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

The "anti-freeze" ingredient is the ingredient they put in anti-freeze to make it NON-toxic.

Ethylene glycol was the toxic substance in antifreeze... why cats and dogs would die after consuming it. Propylene glycol is what's added now and is considered safe.