really need help with healthy snacks.

so as from today I havr uped my calorie intake to over 1500 this is based on my BMR. I use to eat only 1200 and I exercise at least 3 times a week and my weight loss has came to a hult. I tried eating back the calories I burnt off. The thing is even on eating 1200 calories I found it hard to eat the calories back so I dont know how I will managr 1500. I dont eat a lot of snacks in between meals due to not knowing what to eat! I dont like salads. Im not a lover of vedge. I do like natural yoghurt though lol. Please help!!!

Replies

• mke1952
    mke1952 Posts: 2 Member
    I love frozen red grapes. They are very refreshing especially if what you really want is ice cream. Just wash the grapes and put in a baggie in the freezer.
  • brutalbaby
    brutalbaby Posts: 87 Member
    That does sound nice will have to try that one
  • inkandsheep
    inkandsheep Posts: 101 Member
    If you need to eat lots of calories with minimum food, try eating nuts. They are very calorie dense but full of good fats and fibre.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    rather than snacks, if you prefer, just add a bit more to your meals - a banana with breakfast, an extra bit of cheese at lunchtime...

or, for snacks, have dried fruit and nuts, cheese, fruit, veggie sticks and dip (hommous and tzatziki can be quite light)..
  • egg white scrambled eggs with lots of herbs! :)
  • brutalbaby
    If you need to eat lots of calories with minimum food, try eating nuts. They are very calorie dense but full of good fats and fibre.

What kind of nuts. Are peanuts ok?
  • brutalbaby
    rather than snacks, if you prefer, just add a bit more to your meals - a banana with breakfast, an extra bit of cheese at lunchtime...

or, for snacks, have dried fruit and nuts, cheese, fruit, veggie sticks and dip (hommous and tzatziki can be quite light)..

I use to think cheese was really bad. I love cheese but been cutting it out lol.
  • brutalbaby
    Im such a fussy eater. Dont even like eggs lol x
  • Dried fruit, protein powder, nuts (such as walnuts <-- they're said to be the healthiest nut) and quinoa.

Good luck :)
  • jlynn6810
    jlynn6810 Posts: 68 Member
    Bump
  • brutalbaby
    So I brought some fruit, dark rye crackers, walnut milk, whole meal bread and natural yoghurt fat free. Lets see how I go with this lol
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member

I use to think cheese was really bad. I love cheese but been cutting it out lol.
    Why did you think there was anything wrong with cheese? (not being facetious, it's a serious question)
  • brutalbaby

Why did you think there was anything wrong with cheese? (not being facetious, it's a serious question)

Just always thought it was full of fat lol