Eating 'too many' veggies?

Options
2»

Replies

• phdcharlie
    Options
    Keep eating those veggies and consider swapping out some of those grain type carbs like bagels with something lower carb and higher in protein. You are doing good. Keep it up.
  • jessimurph
    jessimurph Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Dumbest thing I've heard in a while. I hope you called them out on that bs.
  • jessimurph
    jessimurph Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think they are just jealous that I tend to eat better then they do :tongue:

'Haters will hate' right and sometimes people just want to bring you down, there are a few veggies that you can have too many of... Beets... Asparagus... Broccoli... Carrots... But seriously even if you eat just those four items all day the worst case would be turning into an orange skinned, gassy/bloated person with red stinky pee... And I can tell you I don't get that many veg!

I also try balance it with EYCoconut Oils (I don't always remember to log the drizzle I use to cook with) eggs, chicken breast, etc.

Meh, my pee is fairly consistently beet pink and asparagus stinky. I still don't think you can eat too many veggies in general. Maybe if you ate avocados all day... There are maybe a few others, but in general that's a silly statement.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have eaten too much broccoli before. Talk about gut ache.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Meh, my pee is....asparagus stinky.

Asparagus pee is genetic and does not happen to everyone. I don't get smelly pee from asparagus.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    How many is too many?!
    The UK powers that be recommend we aim for 5 fruit and vegetable portions a day (a portion is a one medium apple, two spears of broccoli, eight cauliflower florets etc)

In Japan they recommend aiming for 13 portions of veg and 4 of fruit .

I get between 8 and 15 portions I think...pretty good going.

Five is definitely not enough but I think the government wanted to set a target that is achieveable for most people. What are the "targets" in the US/where you are?

I wonder if the 13 vegetable servings a day recommendation is why most asian people are so thin, while we Americans are mostly very fat.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would rather you eat a plate full of veggies instead of chocolate! Its the better choice by far, your doing the right thing so dont worry - think the trick is to choose what advice you take and those that you dont :)
  • ladybird_
    ladybird_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would rather you eat a plate full of veggies instead of chocolate! Its the better choice by far, your doing the right thing so dont worry - think the trick is to choose what advice you take and those that you dont :)

I would choose the chocolate!
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How many is too many?!
    The UK powers that be recommend we aim for 5 fruit and vegetable portions a day (a portion is a one medium apple, two spears of broccoli, eight cauliflower florets etc)

In Japan they recommend aiming for 13 portions of veg and 4 of fruit .

I get between 8 and 15 portions I think...pretty good going.

Five is definitely not enough but I think the government wanted to set a target that is achieveable for most people. What are the "targets" in the US/where you are?

In South Africa the recommended is also 5 servings a day.
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    No way. You can't eat too many veggies (at least it would be very difficult). That commenter may faint if they looked in my diary.
    Keep eating lots of veggies!