Lose skin

Options
Loose skin** I cant change it

How much weight did people loose before they noticed loose skin? Just wondering whether I would get lose skin or not ive lost 41lb so far and have 29lb left to go, I dont have any lose skin yet and I go to the gym 5 times a week and aerobics twice, thanks

Replies

• AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    I don't even know how to tell if I've got loose skin or if it's just fat.

I think I may have some.
  • mommytobrayden
    mommytobrayden Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd say if you don't have loose skin after what you have already lost then you probably won't get it since you only have 29 more pounds to lose. :))
  • IokiOcto
    IokiOcto Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm no doctor but I think it's about the speed you lose the weight. if you lose very quickly your skin doesnt have a chance to "bounce back" so you will have the bat wings & stuff. if it's a gradual loss your skin has an easier chance to adapt to the change...I think. Don't quote me but it sounds good. :huh:
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    This is a big concern for me too. From what I have read, there is a combination of things that affect it. The amount of weight you lose, the amount of your life that you have been overweight, your age, etc. You don't have a huge amount of weight to lose compared to a lot of people. so you may not have any problem with it. Since you have lost as much as you have already and are not seeing a problem with it, I think you might not.
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I can tell you eactly what will determine this....do you have any stretch marks? If you do, that skin will never bounce back and will therefore be loose or a bit saggy. If you don't have stretch marks you will be fine.....Good luck with everything...
  • lilteepot
    Options
    I can tell you eactly what will determine this....do you have any stretch marks? If you do, that skin will never bounce back and will therefore be loose or a bit saggy. If you don't have stretch marks you will be fine.....Good luck with everything...

Not true, actually... That skin can still tighten. But you'll still likely have "scars" from the stretch marks...
  • GangsterKim50
    Options
    I'm no doctor but I think it's about the speed you lose the weight. if you lose very quickly your skin doesnt have a chance to "bounce back" so you will have the bat wings & stuff. if it's a gradual loss your skin has an easier chance to adapt to the change...I think. Don't quote me but it sounds good. :huh:

^^^ I agree with this! Plus if you keep hydrated and lotion every day, you probably won't get any!!
  • themdg
    themdg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't even know how to tell if I've got loose skin or if it's just fat.

I think I may have some.

I'm with you. Not sure what's what. I think it's still fat, in my case.
  • themdg
    themdg Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Aside from any stretch-marks concerns, do you mean that extra skin will eventually shape it's way down to our body size? I assume we're continually replacing our skin as it flakes off with normal wear-and-tear etc. At least the outer few layers.
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I noticed mine around 60 lbs lost. I think most of my fat was in my stomach and since I've had two babies, it's just been stretched out the most. I am noticing it's getting better the more I strength train.