Am soooo mad!!!

Options
Fozzi43
Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
I wanted to buy a ab roller today, we have one at work but I wanted my own so as today is the day I take my mum out I thought I'd pop in the sports shop and get one while we were out. We pulled up outside the store and my mum rolled her eyes at me and said "oh my god you are bloody obsessed with exercise, you are so thin and you do far too much"
She proceeded to go on and on about how obsessed I am and how I must stop..I just looked at her and said 'fine, I won't bloody bother then but I like being healthy"
I have two sisters that are roughly 3-4 stone overweight, they also are always telling me I'm too thin and need to put weight on...I'm nearly 43 ffs so am able to make my own judgement surely!!
Bottom line is that I cut my nose off to spite my face..I ended up NOT getting the thing I wanted and will have to make a special journey out to get it!

Thanks for listening...I really needed o rant and feel better now :wink:

Replies

• Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Bloody mothers! I had to restrict her input into my life as she was so destructive & it sound like you may have to do the same?? I would end up eating chocolate after this!!
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I gave up smoking a couple of weeks ago and I could REALLY do with a cigarette...but I won't.:explode:
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I could've sworn I put this in the motivational section:noway:

Can a mod move it please? :bigsmile:
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't always get support form people around you. I get so many eye rolls at home when I explain why I can't eat this or that because it has too much fat or salt in it. At least when progress shows or when old pictures come out it gives me a few days of added support. You have to do it for personal victories, just like smoking. You'll feel better about yourself, food tastes better and it feels better to breathe, but chances are you'll be the only one to notice.

It reminds me of Extreme makeover weight loss edition... I think it was last week's episode; the woman's mother walked in to ask her daughter and the trainer to make less noise!