Mio liquid water enhancer

Options

Replies

• WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use the peach tea one and the berry one. At least there's no caffeine! Plain water is probably better, but I like a treat now and again. I don't have them all the time.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    There is an ingredient used in antifreeze called Propylene Glycol...that is used in foods...like fake sugars, ice cream, cakes, and sodas.....I beleive MIO and products like MIO use the artifical sweetner that contains propylene glycol...
    Just because it's used in antifreeze doesn't make it dangerous. One of the ingredients of antifreeze is water. Does that mean you're afraid to drink water?
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I don't like the aftertaste so I just put lemon in my water.

All I use in my water is fresh lemons or limes YUM:wink:

That's what I use too. The sucralose makes my mouth taste nasty for hours afterwards. No amount of brushing or mouthwash helps
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this, but this is how I intake my alcohol these days. I order a Vodka/Water and squirt a little Mio in there to add the flavor. A yummy way to get a fruity drink when I want to drink.

I occasionally use it in water too, but I love water so I don't have a problem drinking enough of it.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Some days it's the only way I get my water in! I try not to only drink it but my opinion is it's better than me grabbing a can of soda!
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    There is an ingredient used in antifreeze called Propylene Glycol...that is used in foods...like fake sugars, ice cream, cakes, and sodas.....I beleive MIO and products like MIO use the artifical sweetner that contains propylene glycol...
    Just because it's used in antifreeze doesn't make it dangerous. One of the ingredients of antifreeze is water. Does that mean you're afraid to drink water?

Sorry everyone...I did not post that to say that I was saying not to use...I use MIO I buy them in the three pack at Sam's...

I was trying to follow up to the previous poster saying she stop drinking it because she heard it had antifreeze in it...I was onlly trying to point out...that it's in all kinds of other things too ...Perhaps she would stop drinking sodas, eating ice cream and cakes with icing...etc etc..
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Grrrr they have sucralose in them, I'm allergic. Why can't they make a yummy flavouring that doesn't have artificial sweetners?

Same here! Sucralose does a number on my digestive system and I can't think clearly for hours after ingesting it. Its in so many things now, even OTC medications! I had a cold a while back and got some liquid daytime cold stuff (couldn't take pills at the time). I could not figure out why every morning after taking a dose I had to run to the ladies room within a half hour or so. Yep, it had sucralose! I threw the rest away and just waited out the cold. Now, I check everything.

Aspartame doesn't affect me, and I don't get a lot of it daily so I did pick up some of the Crystal light raspberry lemonade. Its pretty tasty.
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Mio is the best thing ever to happen to water IMO. I can't do crystal light powder mix stuff but Mio splashes it up a notch and now I always get way more water in during my day. Mio water, hot tea, and milk is all I drink nowadays.

It very useful when drinking water feels like a chore. I love the black cherry flavor the most!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

Sorry everyone...I did not post that to say that I was saying not to use...I use MIO I buy them in the three pack at Sam's...

I was trying to follow up to the previous poster saying she stop drinking it because she heard it had antifreeze in it...I was onlly trying to point out...that it's in all kinds of other things too ...Perhaps she would stop drinking sodas, eating ice cream and cakes with icing...etc etc..

I got what you were saying. Although, I almost posted the water comment myself to the previous poster.
  • wannabthin65
    wannabthin65 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I HATE water but since using MIO I drink three 32oz waters a day on most days. I love it!! My favorite is the peach tea & for a change-up, orange tangerine (it tastes just like those old orange soft drinks) If I'm out of it...no water intake til I get more!! 8)
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Yes, I like the MIO! I don't use it all the time, but sometimes if I'm sick of water or want something with some flavour, then I use it. I like that I can make the flavour as strong or weak as I want (I usually just use a little). I would still count it towards my water intake.
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    I use it when I feel like I can't drink anymore water.. I like the blueberry lemonade :)
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    well its better than Soda.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is in love with the sweet tea flavor. I am all for this conversion, he is a soda addict and I would love to see him shy off the mountain dews...
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love the lemonade and sweet tea ones, my fiancee likes a bunch of the others.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have the MiO, the Kroger version, and the Wal-Mart version. I find that I like the MiO the best because the artificial sweetener taste isn't that bad, but the others taste funny to me.

I use it for 1/2 of my water intake and then I try my other 1/2 w/out it. I figure, that even with what's in it, it's still better than soda or crystal light - especially flavor-wise.
  • DeeMiss
    DeeMiss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a flavor water technique, and I love it!

1 pitcher

2 sliced apples

2 whole cinnamon sticks

and 1 orange

put all ingrediants in the pitcher, fill with water and let sit in fridge for about 2 hrs. Serve over ice! Great alternative for plain water, and it is supposed to be a natural metabolism booster!

(you could use any fruit combo you wanted, and I refilled my pitcher at least twice with the same fruit:)

Hope that helps
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    That sounds good, I should try some! I believe everything is bad for you to a certain extent. So that's why you have everything in moderation. But I'm sure you don't drink enough of it to harm your health, you should be fine! :)
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time.
    Most recently started with just a small bit in water in the am...makes it taste like juice for breakfast.

I like a strong flavor, so I don't follow the 1 squirt for 8 oz...more like 4-5 in 16 oz.
    But it doesn't have anything in it, so it doesn't matter.

My go to flavors are:
    Orange Tangerine
    Lemonade (good in Unsweetened iced tea)
    Black Cherry energy (though I've never noticed an up in energy because of it)

I log it as water intake :wink:
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just because something is labeled 0 Calories, does not make it so.

Remember the lady who is taking the makers of "spray butter" to court.
    because it is labeled 0 calories.. but the bottle has over 900!