72 dergees and I'm freezing!

Options
OK , it's 72 degrees in the house (34 outside....) and I'm FREEZING (((((:frown: ))))) is anyone else out there having similar problems? I'd love to say it's because I'm xy pounds thinner but I'm just working on my Christmas gain at this point.

Yes, I'm whining....but does anyone have any bright ideas? My body says ---sugar, now---you NEED to warm up. And I KNOW sugar is not my friend.:huh:

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hot herbal tea!
    Hot Coffee
    Sugar Free Apple cider
    warm veggie soup!

I know I am always cold anymore! i aways thought it was a myth that I could with stand cold cause of my extra padding. But I think there is a huge diff. between my tolerance anymore!

Good luck
  • kirra_80
    Options
    Are you tired? I always get colder when I'm tired. And I get cold in my house when it's 72 degrees too, especially if I'm not moving around. Have you tried some hot tea? Doesn't have any calories, and it always warms me inside out.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Jump around for a few minutes -- your body will get warmer and you'll burn a few calories. It's 65 in my house and I'm about to burn alive because I just ran 2 miles on the treadmill.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Funny........during our 2 week cold snap it would be 72 in the house and we would turn on the heat. Now it was 40 outside....but still. We put the AC on 73 when it is hot out.

Weird bodies....I know if I get my feet warm, my body follows suit.

Hot bath maybe?
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I know that I personally have been extremely cold for this whole winter so far. My body simply cannot adjust to the loss of all of that insulation!!!

Warm hands and warm feet = a warmer me...so fuzzy warm socks, slippers, a cup of something warm to hold & sip on, and a blankie!!!!!!!!
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Hi Ezzie, Depends on whether this is a new develpment or if you have always been that way.
    I get a lot of friendly chiding from my husband and people at work because I am cold ALL the time. I wear sweaters all summer. I've accepted that I'm just that kind of person, and personally I think it's a result of an inactive childhood which led to an inactive adult lifestyle and low metabolism. As much as I hate to say it, the only thing that helps for me is to get up and move! Doesn't have to be major exercise (although that's probably the cure), just moving around makes me feel better. I probably shouldn't just sit at my computer all morning! lol. Good luck!
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    72 degrees! Lucky! Both my parent's house and my boyfriend's house are at around 65 degrees. I wear 3 sweaters sometimes. I'm not a tiny person, but I'm cold ALL THE TIME! Tea helps. And a big, warm blanket (or two).
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    You may have low blood sugar. Eat some protein and fruit together. You will feel better after
  • clankp22
    clankp22 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I live in AZ and am cold all the time, even in the summer. After some research I realized that being cold all the time is a symptom of hypothyroid, which I have. I have to take a sweater or jacket with me everywhere, even to go out to eat or to the mall in the summer!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I freeze all the time! This winter is really gettin me so far. My husband and I have been having thermostat wars. I used to wear short sleeve all winter but with less insulation now I have to bundle up like an Eskimo.
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Take a nice hot bath. I am always cold in the winter(with or without the extra weight) so I take a lot of baths. It cures me.:happy:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    While I've always prefered warmer temps. This winter I have been having a hard time staying warm. And it always starts with the fingers and toes.

And I agree. I always though the extra-insulation was a myth, but I'm begginning to beleive it. We're having White Chicken Chili for dinner. So that should warm me up.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the support and advice. Dinner helped. Hot tea helps.Toe warmers are helping. staying off the computer for hours on end helps. Now to tuck myself into a warm bed and wait for the 3am hot flash......go figure.
  • burbmama
    Options
    I was talking to my doctor the other day and I have the same problem and have had the same problem for years. My issue with being cold even when it wasnt "cold" is my low iron. I take slowfe (sp?) and it helps alot!
  • tracy1069
    Options
    You may have low blood sugar. Eat some protein and fruit together. You will feel better after

Having it all has a good point...I have diabetes and whenever my blood sugar drops, I get very cold. As she suggested, if I have a few nuts and a small piece of fruit, I feel better within the hour.

Remember that there are lots of natural sugars that are good for you, just don't over do it!

Tracy