Baby weightloss

My name is Chelsea. I am 22 years old. I just gave birth to my second son and I am a stay at home mom. My goal is to get my weight down to my pre-prego size while chasing around my 17-month-old! :happy:

Replies

• Hi I'm 28 with an 18 month old so I know what it's like lol. I actually lost loads of weight while I was pregnant because I had seriously bad morning sickness the whole time. I gained loads of weight after my girl was born because it was so hard to prepare decent meals. MFP has been a massive help so you're in the right place :)
  • cfranklin10
    cfranklin10 Posts: 28 Member
    My name is Chelsea also and I gained 65 pounds with my son due to preeclamsia so I am still trying to work off my weight and he is two now!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Hi Mama,
    How old is your youngest? Most healht care providers recommend waiting at least 8 weeks post partum to begin exercising or dieting, especially if you are breastfeeding. If you are breastfeeding, make sure you are taking in enough calories to ensure your milk supply remains high. There are ways to add it in to your food choices to give you a higher calorie allowance.

Once my youngest was a few months old, I made sure to take walk daily. I also got a used jogging stroller (once she was 6 months old-- head support/control) and started running with her. I also do exercise videos at home such as the 30 Day Shred.
  • Awesome girlie! You can do it! Great support is a definite MUST and you will have it here! It took me two years after the birth of my daughter to finally get the weight off...she will be 3 next month...but if you include the years after my son was born...who is now 9, it has been a LONG TIME coming but I have learned powerful lessons along the way and I have so much more confidence and a renewed sense of health and life! You'll get your goals!!!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    I gained 27 lbs with my daughter in 2008. I dropped weight very quickly and was super thin when she was 3-5 months old. I stopped breastfeeding and my bad habits of not being really active during pregnancy helped me but back on the 27 lbs.... she was about 1 1/2 when i started to get really focused on working out, when she was 2 1/2 I dropped 40 lbs. Thinnest EVER. Since then Ive been struggling with weight gain for ab a year due to medical reasons/meds... I'm still smaller than I was back then, but not much. So its' like starting all over again!! (she will be 4 next month) lol
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    I had my first baby in January. I had to have a c-section b/c he was breech. I gained over 60lbs while I was pregnant! I believe most of it was water weight b/c I was down almost 40lbs 2 weeks after having him. I dropped another 10 in about 3 months, but I have been struggling with this last 10! I have definitely put on a lot of muscle the last few months but I still would like to lean out some more. I know I need to be stricter on my diet, but I do find it hard on days where the little guy doesn't sleep well and I'm exhausted! I find it easy to make excuses on those days b/c I just want to do what is easiest!
  • scorl
    scorl Posts: 51 Member
    Yay mamas!!!! I have a 15 month old son.... gained 43 lbs and have 5 more to lose right now. I'd love to lose more and tone up a tonnnnnnnn!!!! I've been very diligent for about a month with MFP food tracking and exercise 6 days a wk for about 3months... I'm realizing slow and steady wins the race but progress is happening. Learning to love myself (body) again!
  • My sons are 17 months old and 2 months old (11wks). I tend to snack all day but only eat a real meal maybe once or twice a day. I weighed 100 lbs all through high school and my freshman year of college (age 17-18) I went up to 138. I ended up quitting school and moving to Florida with the man that is now my husband. We lived together, but he was working on cruise ships while I was working at Downtown Disney. Over that year, I dropped off weight unintentionally because I was working 2 jobs, smoking, and hardly eating anything. I weighed 115 when I found out that I was pregnant with my first child at 19 years old. I weighed 152 at my biggest with Quintin. Then I dropped back down to 112 by the time I got pregnant again last fall while living in Virginia and working at Busch Gardens. I weighed 145 lbs at my biggest with Jaxon and I am still at 122 now, but I am not working and I eat a lot of junk food and southern homestyle foods (thanks to my mother-in-law). I dropped down to 122 almost immediately after giving birth, so although it seems like I've lost a lot of weight, I have actually not lost anything except my NOW 13lb baby and all the "water weight."