what did you eat like before MFP?

Options

Replies

• kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I was dieting before MFP but once I joined I realized that most of my low cal foods had horrible nutritional value. Tons of sugar and fat, no protein or fiber. Now I eat alot of Koshi, Special K, and FiberOne. Same low cals but much healthier.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    anything and everything. Thats always been my problem, I am NOT picky! I love it all!!!

I also love to cook and bake so that made it worse.

^^ Exactly this.

I hardly eat sweets, but throw a burger, chicken, a hot dog and a TON of carbs for sides down, and I'd have a field day. :laugh:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Too damn much for sure. The first few days before I officially started, I journaled what I was eating and was APPALLED. You don't realize how bad until you see it in numerical form...eww.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Morning: McDonald's : 2 breakfast burrito's, hashbrown and large iced coffee.

Lunch: Back Yard Burger: Blackened Bleu Bacon Burger, onions rings, diet coke.

Supper: Home: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans

Nightcap: 2 to 3 'beverages'

I knew it was bad but had never taken the time to figure out how bad. IT WAS REALLY, REALLY BAD.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    I ate sooo bad...doughnuts, candy, ice cream on a daily basis. Ate out a lot. I wasnt over weight though. I also spent an hour on the eliptical 5-6 days a week and no weight training. I never noticed any improvement in my body.

Now I eat clean and have added weight training to my work out, I can definetly see a difference! I am much toner.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I had really lost sight of moderation. I also had not kept track of calories before.
    So the logging has really opened my eyes, and helped me realize I can be satisfied on much less food!
    Also the macros....i have a much better balance, and more protein!!
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    A bottomless pit.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    So the only thing that has changed for me is portion sizes. I still eat what I want, just not as much as I was. Its really eye opening once you start logging, and to know that I used to eat double that or even more...

^^^YES!!!^^^
  • 25daniow
    25daniow Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Before MFP I ate so poorly. First off....I ate out WAY too much. Fast food was easy and I was lazy so there you go!!! I also ate ranch dressing with a lot of my foods which is a killer!!! Coffee with flavored creamer and stops at Starbucks for sugary blended drinks didn't help either. If we ordered or made sandwiches I would often choose salami which is probably the worst deli meat I could choose:) The good news is that I have completely revamped my eating and no longer crave or want any of these things. It actually makes me feel yucky just writing it all down:smile: I was probably consuming at least 3000 calories a day...and I say at least because I'm sure many days were more than that!!! I am so happy where I'm at now and this new lifestyle makes me have more energy than I ever had before..HMMM...wonder why?????:laugh:
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    The first week I was on MFP, I decided to just eat like normal and see what it looked like. I was SHOCKED at how many calories I would eat in one meal (like a whole days worth now) and how much SODIUM was in my diet. I just didn't know. But know that MFP has made it easy for me to see, I will never go back to eating like that on a daily basis. I will still indulge once in a while, but knowledge is power.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My eating habits have not changed.
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    entirely too much fast food.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I would order two drinks at a drive thru to try and make the person handing the order to me think it wasn't all for me - even though it was.

i used to do this too!!!!!!!! SO EMBARASSING!!
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    For me it was portion control. I love food--it's not an emotional thing, I was never a binge eater or someone who eats when they're sad, I just LOVE food--learning about other culture's food, cooking, etc. And it's delicious. So I would eat way way too much of it!!
  • Rosebudevol
    Rosebudevol Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would eat anything ans everything. I worked midnights in a super center. so breakfast would be something fast food on the way in. Would eat up until lunch, when you have all the candy in the world right there to buy, it was easy. lunch would be whatever frozen meal i was feeling. I was a big fan of pizza rolls and ranch dressing. I would get off work at 8am starving. Eat whatever was on hand. then would go to bed with a over full tummy. I bet I was putting away 3000 plus calories a day, easy.

after really looking and reading packages, I was actually surprised I was not bigger then I was.
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Huge difference. Before MFP, I used to eat huge portions, sometimes healthy and sometimes not. The shock was "highlighted" when I started using scales to measure food ingredients. Portion size have considerably reduced now TBH. Probably, I am going to stick here for life or till I incorporate intuitive eating.

I told few of my friends about MFP and their first reaction was "this app is freaking me out, everything is RED RED RED" LOL. (nom)
  • tr33p1g
    tr33p1g Posts: 85
    Options
    Burgers :o)
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i didn't eat too bad but i ate too much. i never realized the quantity of food i was eating. i could devour a container of hummus in 2 days (just eating it at lunch), pizza oh i would have at least 3 slices of it. i've always worked out so i thought oh no big deal i work out all the time. i would have needed to work out 2-3 hours a day to drop the weight because my portions were huge! a bagel with cream cheese - yum and come on it's a bagel with veggie cream cheese it's got to be good for me except the bagel was the size of my head and there would be at least 1/4 cup of "veggie" cream cheese on it. HA! now i weigh a lot of my food to determine if it's the right amount for me. still not perfect but getting better!
  • Mindarin
    Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure. I didn't keep track of anything at all...some days I wouldn't eat anything at all, or I'd refuse to take more than two bites of anything. And then others I'd eat ice cream by the half-gallon. :P And then one day I ate a whole bag of apples...

Basically, completely unbalanced, and in the wierdest portion sizes you can think of. :P Not healthy.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    too much fast food, and candy. chocolate was my best friend. I would routinely eat a big bowl of ice cream before work and after. my biggest problems were portion control and just eating for no good reason except it tasted good. I find it strange now that I don't really crave the sweets. I still eat ice cream but I measure it and its a weekend treat not and everyday one. I had issues with eating late and those snacks would turn into complete meals and then some.