Traveling Workout Recommendations

Options
2»

Replies

• MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, dude - hotels are my second home.

I am a big fan of the TRX-type straps. I couldn't find a pair when shopping the other day, but I did find a really nice knock-off called "Rip 60". They work perfectly using the bathroom door in the hotel, or the front door - whichever one has some room for you to get your moves on.

I like the Rip 60 as I can slide the plastic handles to the side to create a comfy brace for my ankles when doing suspended core work.

You can do to muscle failure pretty easily.

I also look on Google maps for nearby gyms sometimes, they usually offer day passes.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think a handicap accessible room gives the most space to use this equipment.
  • kolraw
    kolraw Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, dude - hotels are my second home.

I am a big fan of the TRX-type straps. I couldn't find a pair when shopping the other day, but I did find a really nice knock-off called "Rip 60". They work perfectly using the bathroom door in the hotel, or the front door - whichever one has some room for you to get your moves on.

I like the Rip 60 as I can slide the plastic handles to the side to create a comfy brace for my ankles when doing suspended core work.

You can do to muscle failure pretty easily.

I also look on Google maps for nearby gyms sometimes, they usually offer day passes.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think a handicap accessible room gives the most space to use this equipment.

I usually go for top floor rooms because I always get the noisy person above me but I might need to switch.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I was just going to say any of the Tough Mudder boot camps (circuit training) and keep in mind you can do an alternative exercise for any that you don't have a machine for (ie. no treadmill run in place, no place to do pull ups do a similar move with or without weights; oh and if there happens to be a playground near by...you CAN do pull ups on the monkey bars and dips)

Bring some free weights or exercise bands or don't you can use your own resistance to do strength training.

http://toughmudder.com/tough-mudder-boot-camp-training/

I have lots of printed out workouts (most of them are circuits, some created by others, some I've put together myself); I never leave home without my running shoes, workout clothes and an assortment of workouts. My husband gets embarrassed b/c when we're "traveling' and we stop at rest stops, I do 50 jumping jacks or 50 lunges for each leg....there's no place I can't exercise. :)

Good Luck to you!!!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    if I were in your position I'd take Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred DVD. It has a bit of cardio/strength in the work out. Beats nothing... That or hit the pool and do some laps.

This, and her Ripped in 30. Both killer workouts that need very little equipment and space. I use the large water bottles as weights and just fill them to my needs for whichever workout I am doing. They also sell water filled dumb bells - just fill them before your workout. They empty for travel weighing just a few ounces each.

I also travel for work and this has seriously worked for me.