How Early in the AM

Options
How early in the morning does everyone work out? I've been doing my exercises in the evening but then find a) it takes up time with my husband which is precious since we have a new baby and b) if anything else happens like a phone call, visit, or working late I can't get in the exercise. I'm already waking up at 5:30 to get ready before the baby and 2 year old wakes up. Anyone go earlier to get it in?

Replies

• aquinn31
    Options
    I have tried tirelessly to do the same thing you are trying to do and get up early. I also get up at 5:30 before the baby.. and I just can't get up any earlier. I go to bed early enough already and I know if I got up at 4:30AM I would never see the hubby again. Sleep is just as important as the excercise.. and as long as you are getting in at least 5 days a week I would say you are doing a great job!!! :smile:
  • fabfindz05
    fabfindz05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If I'm running, I need to be up by 4:30 at the latest, so I can get to my running group. We run at 5:15. I do 30DS in the evenings, but I'm finding it to be too easy to skip. I might start doing the DVDs in the mornings as well, just not as early.
  • readsalot68
    readsalot68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I usually workout at 6:30. I found it easy for me to skip if I workout in the evenings. Mornings are best for me.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:35 to do 20-30 minutes of Zumba. Then I do the rest of my workouts in the evening after work. I have to be at work at 7, so it is too hard to get a long workout in during the early hours.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:00 am. If my husband has to go to work early, it's usually 4:30...
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I have to be done and ready to go before my kid wakes up--it's 4 am for me Mon-Fri and 5 am on Sat and Sun.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm usually @ the gym to start anywhere between 5:00 - 5:30. I'm usually there 60-90 minutes though. With a baby, that would be much harder. I would think if you can work out from 5 - 5:30, then build on as the baby starts sleeping longer, you'll do great!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Today I woke up at 4:30 am and went for a good run!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    How early in the morning does everyone work out? I've been doing my exercises in the evening but then find a) it takes up time with my husband which is precious since we have a new baby and b) if anything else happens like a phone call, visit, or working late I can't get in the exercise. I'm already waking up at 5:30 to get ready before the baby and 2 year old wakes up. Anyone go earlier to get it in?
    O YES! And I love it. I get up at 4am. But I can't believe i do that!
    I would never have been able to, except that I have trained myself toward an early bedtime.
    Finally got an early bedtime habit installed in my household.
    Now I don't mind getting up early, and I don't miss all that great family time, so I know what you mean!
    Plus, I get to eat a relaxed breakfast suitable for me, and am free to serve breakfast to my fam.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I've been known to get up around 5am if it means the difference between working out and not. ;)
  • jessjpjb
    jessjpjb Posts: 38
    Options
    I get up at 3:05 every morning. I have to leave my house by 6am, so this leaves me time for 50 minutes of cardio, time to get coffee, do some light housework, shower, and get myself and my daughter out the door, drop her off at daycare at 6:30, and to work by 6:45...work 7-5 Monday thru Fri
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    I get up at 5:15 and am out the door at 5:30. I am back at 6-6:15 to shower and get ready for work.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    What about after the first morning feed, settle the 2 year old with crayons or playdough, or a cartoon. Anything that keeps the attention for half an hour. It's tough with 2. Do you have a double stroller? A brisk walk with that is a good workout. Especially if there are hills you can go on. Top it off with crunches/plank/burpees/pushups when you get home.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I usually try to be hitting the sidewalk at 4:30 when I run in the AM. I have to be at work at 7:30. One day a week, I leave early to take a yoga class before I head home, and on those days I am on the elliptical at 4AM. If my hubby and I hike during the summer, we are usually up by 5AM latest. It's just too hot after that!
  • aprilwilliams2729
    aprilwilliams2729 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm like the OP - I get up at 5:30 anyway with a baby - I just can't get up any earlier! I've got to get some sleep - and if I go to bed any earlier I won't get to see my hubby at all! Yesterday went on a long walk after dinner WITH the baby - that seemed to work well. And I try to get in a ride on my stationary bike while by husband gives the baby a bath (it give them a chance to bond since my son loves his bath!). So that's what we're doing now. I'm just going to try to stay flexible and make sure that somehow, someway I am moving every day! :)
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I guess I am a late starter. Last winter I would go for runs at 6:30am but in the summer I started going later. I run on my days off and only have a BF who sleeps til 10am lol - so I don't need to prepare for bbs. I go between 7:30 and 8am now. I think I might go back to super early this winter. Not sure. I liked it cooler for sure.
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    5:30 for me but I have no children at home anymore. When my son was still at home I would have to get up at 4:25 to get my workout in for the day. It was really hard getting up that early at first, but after a couple of weeks it got better and I was actually thankful for that time, because my days and evenings were free from worrying about getting a workout in for the day:smile:
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I get up about 5 to workout most days.
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:45 am to workout. I have to or I wont do it. Way to easy for me to skip in the evening. I dont have kids though, just dogs. Dogs are at least motivating lol.
  • lawandabradley
    lawandabradley Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm up @ 5 am to get my workout in, before my 7months & my 5yr old gets up.