Starting 30 Day Shred on 25/08/12 - who wants to join me?

Options
I'm sure you're all familiar with Jillian Michaels and her magnificent workouts, however for those who aren't who want to do a workout at home using a DVD - get one of hers, she's a winner.

30 Day Shred is one of my favourites - I've attempted it a couple of times, but I've never actually managed to complete the 30 days. I think the furthest I got was 22 days, and I was noticing an amazing difference, but instead of push myself and finish it, I decided I was happy.

Now I've put back on a lot of weight after falling off the wagon for a few months, and I am DETERMINED to finish the full 30 days.

Does anyone else want to join me starting on Sat 25th? Hopefully we can check in here with chat and photos and general updates, and the motivation will keep me going for the 30 days and get my healthy lifestyle back on track! :)

If you want to do it then please feel free to add me ;)

Replies

• Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    How much does the video cost lady? And would you be okay if I used a different 30 program? Hope you are well!

~Glynis
  • SugarBottomzes
    SugarBottomzes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll join you, I just started 30 Day Shred. I've done it 3 times so far and already seeing some toning up going on!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you. Do you do the video 30 days straight, or do you take rest days. I was thinking of starting in September (but will start earlier) but I only do it 3 or 4 times a week. I find I get way to tired and sore doing it 7 days a week.
  • KLPlatinum
    Options
    I just ordered 30 Day Shred from Amazon ($6.96 for the person asking how much), after reading the great results people where getting from the workout. I should have it by Thursday and I was going to start on Saturday the 25th. I would love to have a group of MFP friends to help motivate me. I also plan on taking before and after pictures in my sports bra...since my stomach is what I need to get rid of.
    I am new to this MFP thing, only have had my account for a week and a half. Do we friend each other like FB?
  • ailiel
    ailiel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I want in on this. My weight loss is going well, as is my running, but I'm aware I really need to start toning up too. I've put it off for awhile while I was adjusting to the diet and working my way up running (I'm training for a 10 mile race at the end of September).

Anyway I'm going to start on Saturday with you guys, and I'll take before and after pictures.
  • atownsend5
    Options
    I'm in! Just bought the video tonight and completed Day 1 Level 1. Hope that I can get out of bed in the morning :blushing:

Before anyone goes and buys the DVD, I just saw that all three of the videos are on youtube. The links were in another thread about 30 Day Shred. Wish that I had known that before I went looking for it. Oh well, I hope that it will be the best $9.99 that I have spend in a long time :wink:

Good luck everyone! Have fun and get healthy

26996005.png[/url]
  • LoveToShopGirl
    Options
    I am in. Just joined MyFitnessPal and bought 30 Day shred from Amazon yesterday. WIll start tomorrow... Any following a special meal plan?
  • makani_raine
    makani_raine Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is day TWO for me on the 30 Day Shred. It looks easy, but it's definitely TOUGH!
  • LaurDavies
    LaurDavies Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Great to see so many people on board! The first few days are killer but if you can soldier on then it's definitely worth it :)

For those who don't want to buy the DVD it is in YouTube, all you need are some small handweights. Here's the link for level one, to do for the first ten days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

I'm going to attempt to do it every day unless I have a really good reason not to. If for any reason I can't do it, then I'll be sure to do something in its place. Just sticking to a mixed balanced diet with enough calories and fluids, nothing super special unless anyone can recommend any eating plans?

I'm going to take a photo on Saturday night before I start, and then take a photo at the end of each of the levels (say Day 1, Day 10, Day 20 and Day 30) - will post them up as we go!

Best of luck everyone, LET'S DO THISSS ;D
  • LaurDavies
    LaurDavies Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    How much does the video cost lady? And would you be okay if I used a different 30 program? Hope you are well!

~Glynis

Glynis, please see the post above - you can use the YouTube videos if you can't afford the DVD ;)
    I'm sure anything with 30 days and general motivation factor would work if you would prefer to do something else.

Welcome aboard! :D
  • modernartemis
    modernartemis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. I need an excuse to work out :)
  • lizconnor0823
    Options
    I'm in! I have been "planning" on starting 30 Day Shred for awhile now but just haven't got around to it. A little extra motivation and support is exactly what I need.
  • morenitamami
    Options
    Count me in too, I need the motivation. I started this morning! Then I searched here and saw all you guys and thought I would post. So excited!:flowerforyou:
  • Cmckenney515
    Options
    Count me in! I bought the DVD from Amazon a week ago and have been staring at it each and every day! This is just the motivation I needed. Looking forward to everyone's results!
  • schmittie01
    schmittie01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in but can't start until monday! I'll be doing this and running since i'm training for a 10k.
  • Filomenaaa
    Filomenaaa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday! hoping Jillian will give me some results!
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVD last week.....also from Amazon. I have been dragging my feet about starting but I will do on Saturday with the rest of you. Looking forward to the company.
  • dmh0204
    dmh0204 Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm in. I've done weeks 1 and 2 before. But I'll muscle through the whole thing with you guys.
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 1 today. Then I'm takin a rest day tomorrow then doin the other 5 day of 30 ds shred. I do each level 5 days then rest then complete the other 5 days then rest
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I am in, but,starting Monday and can only do 3 x week due to weightlifting bootcamp:-)