Jif Hazelnut Spread vs Nutella

Options
zela
zela Posts: 92 Member
I saw a jar of this stuff and the grocery store this week and it kind of made me mad. Who can dare challenge nutella? I am European and grew up on the stuff much the same way Americans grow up on peanut butter. I am wondering if anybody out there has tried the stuff and if they want to offer some comparison between the two?

7159370889_2f4a75fcdd.jpg

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif
  • ccole4
    ccole4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I saw a jar of this stuff and the grocery store this week and it kind of made me mad. Who can dare challenge nutella? I am European and grew up on the stuff much the same way Americans grow up on peanut butter. I am wondering if anybody out there has tried the stuff and if they want to offer some comparison between the two?

7159370889_2f4a75fcdd.jpg
    i think their gross. ill stick with nutella
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I've never had nutella but I do like Justin's chocolate hazelnut spread.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I personally never tried the Jif Hazelnut spread, but a friend of mine did and said it was gross. She actually took it back to the store and exchanged it for Nutella.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I've never had nutella but I do like Justin's chocolate hazelnut spread.

^ This.
  • zela
    Options
    Wrong topic, I am not trying to compare Nutella to Justins. This is a Nutella versus Jif topic, with more interested in what the Jif tastes like. I know what Nutella tastes like and I know what Justins tastes like.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I tried it and honestly....dare I say it....liked it slightly...better?! It was thicker or something, not quite as creamy as Nutella. But I really like it. They have a mocha spread too that isn't bad. I know it's weird for them to challenge Nutella and all, but it's really not half bad.
  • zela
    Options
    Is it creamy like a peanut butter texture? I can see how that might work in its favor over nutella in a few applications.
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    I refuse to try it. They copied nutella and use hydrogenated oil in their peanut butter so I don't use THAT either ESPECIALLY for my kids. Just sayin.
  • mygirlbrenna
    Options
    They both stink nutritionally. Nutella is a SMIDGE healthier with 30 less calories per serving and 1 more gram of protein, but they both have 21 grams of sugar for 2 tbsp. EEK. I don't allow either in the house. I am not to be trusted around chocolate.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    They both stink nutritionally. Nutella is a SMIDGE healthier with 30 less calories per serving and 1 more gram of protein, but they both have 21 grams of sugar for 2 tbsp.
  • pudnukin
    Options
    Just buy it and try it. If you don't like it, then return it to the store. Most stores don't question why you are returning something. If that fails, then take it to work or school and put it in the kitchen as "free game". Someone will eat it. Even better (if you don't like it), go buy a loaf of bread and give it and the Jif to someone less fortunate. If you're balking at the cost (if you have to give it away), it only costs about $3-$4. Think of all the times you've fluffed-off a couple of bucks and had nothing to show for it. Then, think of it as donating it to "charity" if you don't like it.