SoCALI--Interested in running a 5k?

Options
I live in the LA area and I would like to attempt to run my first 5k. None of my friends are interested in doing this so I think its best if I seek for some running partners on here.

Replies

• Tlopez428
    Tlopez428 Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm wanting to do the race for the cure here in Temecula where I live on October 21st. It's a 5k run/walk.
  • MrsTynerific
    Options
    I just started the C25K so it will be awhile for me but I live in the Glendale area so maybe once I am done with this depending if it kills me or not;)
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    In So Cal you can find multiple 5K almost any weekend.

Just pick a race and show up, you can make friends out on the course!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I live in Orange County - ran my first 5K ever in June in Downtown Anaheim! My time was 33 min. 34 sec. I'd like to do another one and it would be great to go with someone. I keep trying to convince a friend at work who used to run, but she things she needs time to train.

I was thinking of the doing the Beer Run 5K in Anaheim on Sept 22nd. Anaheim is nice and flat for running! Plus, it could be fun afterwards doing the beer sampling to replenish lost fluids :wink:, although to be honest, drinking beer in the morning is more than a little early for me and I'm not so sure that I'll want to be eating pancakes after a run, so I might just do the run and go home like last time. http://beerrun5k.com/beer-run-5k
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Races are everywhere...depending on where you live, you might want to check out A Runner's Circle Tuesday and Thursday fun runs. They go on around the Silver Lake Reservoir and Griffith Park, are free, and come with a variety of distances and pace groups, from 7-8 min miles down to run/walk. Everyone's super nice, and its good to have someone push you, or a group to slack back to :)

http://arunnerscircle.com/arc-events/thursday-fun-runs/