Types of Calories??

Options
Hey MFP Community,

I was wondering, what kind of difference does the type of calories you are taking in make in your body composition?

Right now I'm taking in much less carbs and more protein and fat (all healthy protein and fat). Does anyone have experience on this type of diet compared to one that is much more balanced, closer to a 40% carb 30% fat 30% protein diet?

I tend to eat more paleo (not 100%) but it's really messing with my percentages. Good? Bad? Comments please! :D

Replies

• Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    I personally find I lose faster and easier with low carb high protein and I never get freaked out if the protein or fats go into the red in my micros :-)
  • Yosemite4vr
    Yosemite4vr Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I'm really close to my goal weight (within 5-7 lbs) and it's been over a month and my body is just not letting go of the weight like it used to.. I guess I just need a little encouragement, or patience :)
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    I hear the last few pounds are tough, One thing that I believe to have helped me through a plateau was potassium suppliments. The day after I took my first one I was down 2 lbs :-) maybe a coincidence but the weight is really coming off this week!
  • Yosemite4vr
    Yosemite4vr Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support!! And good for you in your diet too!

Congrats on your success!