Ignore the scale, pics tell the true story!!

Options
ok, so for the past 2 1/2 weeks or so I have weighed the same, I was getting kinda bummed about it until I decided to take pictures!
Even though I am not losing weight, I am clearly getting more fit than when I started nearly a month ago. :) So I am learning to ignore the scale and focus on how I feel and look. :)
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg

Replies

• CLDKess
    CLDKess Posts: 40
    Options
    Super job!

My scale doesn't move much either :(

Keep your amazing work up!

xoxo
  • Mnm1983
    Mnm1983 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mine either but I love looking at how my body is changing in the mirror.
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    Mine either but I love looking at how my body is changing in the mirror.
    see I don't see a difference in the mirror, lol probably because I look at it every time I pass by so it's hard to see the changes. But now that I look at these pictures, I am soo happy and it's motivating me to keep going!! :)
  • Ivana331
    Options
    Super job!

My scale doesn't move much either :(

Keep your amazing work up!

xoxo
    yeah it's hard when you have this goal weight in mind and start focusing on that, when the scale doesn't reflect your hard work it's easy to lose sight of things, but then I see these pictures and realize my body is reflecting my hard work, even if the scale is not. :)
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Well done you . XX
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • endureandpersist
    endureandpersist Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Scales aren't the "be all" tools that people think they should be. They are motivational at times though!
  • jagger27
    jagger27 Posts: 79
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work!!! I have been having the same issue too...I've tried yo-yoing my calories and that has helped some to get a jumpstart on the weight loss again...it is hard when you have a number in mind...but I, like you, have the pictures to show that some good is actually occurring :) We got this girl!!!
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Be very very proud of yourself. Your posture and everything looks improved :) Good on you!!
  • LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing how my clothes are starting to fit well again and some things are even becoming too big for me. Screw the scale. Hooray!
  • AlexisAW
    AlexisAW Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, ur giving me hope!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nice work, it's hard not to let those numbers get in your head. It is clearly obvious you are making great progress. Keep it going!
  • Ivana331
    Options
    That is awesome! Be very very proud of yourself. Your posture and everything looks improved :) Good on you!!
    yes, I am finding myself standing straighter more often, it just feels better!! :)
    @AlexisAW, don't give up! I was getting discouraged, I am so glad I took these pics to give me perspective and keep me going. I was starting to think "what's the point??"
  • DanceInTheRain77
    DanceInTheRain77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Nice Job! What are you doing? :)
  • Ivana331
    Options
    I'm noticing how my clothes are starting to fit well again and some things are even becoming too big for me. Screw the scale. Hooray!
    yep, I have shorts I bought back in march that are now too big for me and I spend all day pulling them up.
    :)
    I will stil weight to keep myself in check, lol. But I won't focus on it if the number doesn't go down much.
    @Anthonydaman, yeah numbers can screw with your head, but I am glad they aren't making a difference. I am keeping at it. :)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    wow, that's amazing. Thanks for sharing :) I was thinking about putting my scale away for a month just this morning- now looking at your post i think I just might actually do it! :)
  • Ivana331
    Options
    Nice Job! What are you doing? :)
    Well i started doing the 30 day shred, but it hurt my knee and ankle so I took a couple of days off and then I started back up working out. I do Tiffany Rothe workouts from youtube, and plan on doing tae bo once a week or once every two weeks. Also of course drinking plenty of water, I quit soda cold turkery 25 days ago and I am eating MUCH healthier than I had been. I work out for 30 minutes a day. Tiffany Rothe has a ton of 10 minute workouts. I pick one hard one, and one fun, easy one. I do the hard one twice and the easy one once. :)
    My favorite one right now is 10 Minute Mountain Climber
    I do that one twice a day and then pick one where she does dancing type moves and do that once.
    Her youtube channel is Tiffanyrotheworkouts
  • Romes08
    Romes08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You're doing Fantastic! I was just at the Doctors office yesterday and she told me to throw out the scale or ignore it for up to 3 months and go off of how i feel. So that precisely what i'll do! Great Job!!
  • ode22a
    ode22a Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    awesome job, and thanks for the reinforcement on ignoring the scale (to a certain degree). Its very frustrating to see the numbers are not dropping, but i do see the difference in my clothes. Which helps me remain encourged.
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    true
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!