I'm new

Good Morning! I am new and just trying to figure all of this out. Any advice would be welcome :smile:

Replies

• linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Welcome!

My main suggestion is to find a group. Any group will do. Just something that will help to keep you accountable and motivated. I know for me the June Starters (JUNE STARTERS ROCK!!!) was a good group. We have weekly check-ins and help to keep each other motivated.

Once again welcome :)

linne
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    I think my only advice would be to log all your foods before consuming them. Oh yes, and post lots of topics, the feedback around here is amazing. Enjoy your journey through weight loss and I hope you succeed! :flowerforyou:
  • conniemae
    conniemae Posts: 6 Member
    I'm new too! I have middle age and "I quit smoking weight "to lose -- 20 pounds.
  • Sassy_Girl
    Sassy_Girl Posts: 19 Member
    How do you find a group? Are you talking about going to: Community, I can't find a group search or anything? I'm not sure what I'm doing.

Sassy_Girl
  • HI TO EVERYONE, MY NAMES VICTORIA IM NEW TO FIT PAL, WANTING TO FIND ALL NEW CONTACTS WHO CAN HELP ME ON MY WAY TO ACHIEVING A NEW BODY, SICK TO DEATH OF WEARING BIG BAGGY CLOTHES - SICK TO DEATH OF MY BINGO WINGS FLAPPING WITHOUT ME MOVING HA HA PLEASE ADD ME SO WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER, I PROMISE I WILL REPLY TO ALL, :flowerforyou:
  • HeidiRodzen
    HeidiRodzen Posts: 455 Member
    Hey everyone. Feel free to add me too.

I've been using this site for a couple weeks now. It is a GREAT motivator. All the people on this site are working towards a common goal and it is nice to have eachother to lean on and for support.

In regards to joining a 'group', there are topics posted that have groups of people that motivate each other. There is usually a theme to the group - I'm in a Twilight Esclipse group because we all are interested in the series. There are groups for runners, for people dedicated to working out, for certain age groups, pregnant woman. Just keep watching the topics and join in the conversation when you reach a topic that seems to fit for you.

Good luck to everyone on their journey!
  • tlovette
    tlovette Posts: 3 Member
    I have lost 37 pounds since August 1st but have lost nothing for 2 months. I want to lose 25 more. I am getting back into the exercise mode. I know that is very important and helped me to get where I am. I did 60 minutes on the elliptical this morning and burned 626 calories. I really felt good about myself when I stepped of there soaked in sweat :) Tomorrow I plan on doing a kettlebell work out. My husband bought me one for Christmas and I got a workout dvd that I bought too. It is a great work out too.
  • Hello I am new as well. I would love some pointers on how to succeed...I have tried every diet on the planet, trust me! i have failed every one of them. I am trying though , hopefully this time it will work. i have been on a diet and then off , on, off, on, off then off...up and down....very frustrating ......I just want to get healthy!!!! Arggggggg:sad:
  • welcome! I am new as well>>>hopefully we will make it!
  • conniemae
    conniemae Posts: 6 Member
    I am starting all over again, ugh. How did you fare?