Going over my sodium!

Options
I keep going over my sodium! I am always good on my calories, fat, carbs and sugar.. but sodium is killing me. I go over by about 500-1000 every day. How bad is this?

Which foods are low in sodium? I tend to add most of mine with lunch and dinner foods. 1 cup of fat-free chili was over 1,000mg!

Replies

• bettyvodine
    Options
    Sodium is found mostly in frozen, canned, or prepared foods. Too much sodium can cause you to bloat, and it not great for your heart, arteries, and blood pressure (plus, it can halt your weight loss). You can reduce your sodium intake drastically by choosing fresh foods. Fresh fruit, vegetables and meats are better for your health, are higher in fiber, and are wayyy lower in sodium.

Good luck!

:)
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Sodium is found mostly in frozen, canned, or prepared foods. Too much sodium can cause you to bloat, and it not great for your heart, arteries, and blood pressure (plus, it can halt your weight loss). You can reduce your sodium intake drastically by choosing fresh foods. Fresh fruit, vegetables and meats are better for your health, are higher in fiber, and are wayyy lower in sodium.

Good luck!

:)

agreed.