A whole cheat day, or just one treat a day?

Which seems healthier? I'm feeling a bit deprived lately. I want to lose fat and lose some weight, but I really want to eat things I enjoy! I don't like much junk, but even just 1 serving of ice cream makes me feel better. Keeping it within my calorie range, of course. I force myself to eat salads and stuff every day so I dunno.

I think having a whole day to eat whatever you want seems silly. I'd rather do it all in moderation, with one small treat a day, or every other day even than one whole day a week to pig out.

Replies

• Voca_Star
    Voca_Star Posts: 140
    bump
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    for me, its having a cheat every other day ( a bowl of icecream, whatever) and fitting it into my calories.
    having said that i read some study somewhere saying anything sweet/dessert ish should be consumed before noon, it curbs cravings and your body has all day to burn it off. I personally will have a couple recess minatures, a cinnamon bun or icecream on my days to cheat a little. I could never do a full out day..id get sick :( haha but if you want to have a cheat meal id say keep it at 1-2 a week
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    When I feel the need I have one piece of mini chocolate. I just need that one little taste and I am good.
    And then maybe once a month or so, yea I will have ice cream.
  • Voca_Star
    Voca_Star Posts: 140
    I don't want a whole day. That's too much for me!
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    If you look at my diary you'll see I eat a treat almost every day, usually one serving of ice cream and/or some chocolate. It fits into my calories and hasn't hindered my progress.