Can I lose fat having a treat once or twice a week?

Options
2»

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My body fat is 20% and I got to this point while still enjoying a treat or two every single day.

I eat a lot of healthy food - but not a day goes by that I don't have some kind of indulgence, whether it be dessert or pizza or a burger.

Edited to add - I'm female, 40 years old, 137 lbs. My primary exercises are hiking and lifting weights. :-)
  • Ali155
    Ali155 Posts: 30
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    hell ya.
  • smaschin
    smaschin Posts: 91
    Options
    Nope, impossible to get lean without eating 100% clean

is that a joke ? if not then its complete crap ! ;-)
  • smaschin
    smaschin Posts: 91
    Options
    you can lose fat and weight with a treat everyday if you want, i do and eat like a pig at least 2 days a week.

its all about what you burn
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie. You could lose weight eating your calorie goal in nothing but junk food (you would be hungry all the time, shaky, weak and probably get scurvy though).
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I have a small treat everyday! :)
  • sbbc09
    sbbc09 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have a small treat after lunch every day. 2 Dove Promise squares (under 100 calories) or some such thing. Over time I've lost weight, and now it's weight maintenance with a drop in BF%. Go figure.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi it depends on the treat do you do instagram well a IG friend of mine getfitfeelsexy totally skinny but she has a blog too where she posts recipes for treats all fat free like protein muffins cakes all healthy ingredients to keep you fit check it out she's on Instagram and she has a blog www.getfitfeelsexy.blogspot.comshe is currently working on getting her cookbook published you won't be sorry = )

I read that all in one sentence and it hurt.
    OP, you can lose weight while having "treats". Just don't let the treats derail your progress. It's a matter of self control and moderation. There are people who will advocate for only "clean" foods for fast success, but that really doesn't start having an influence until you are very close to your goal. Even at that point, it's quite minimal. It's more of an issue of sanity. If that little piece of chocolate or handful of crisps keeps you from eating an entire cake, have at it.

ETA: That cookbook looks interesting and will be my form of procrastination for the next hour.
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    I eat treats all the time look at my photo!