What brand HRM do you use?

Options
I am thinking about buying a HRM. I wanted to ask advise from some of you that love the one you have. Are you happy you bought one? What kind did you get? I am not great at tech stuff and I am a litte afraid that I wont use it if it is hard to program. Or that I would use it right for that matter. What do you all use? How easy is it to use?

Replies

• lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar f11. I love it and couldn't live without it. It's very easy to use. The chest strap is comfortable. I haven't had any problems with it interfering with others. It's just great.
  • christinacherrelle
    christinacherrelle Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar F4. Like the member above I don't know what I'd do without it! It gives me an accurate reading of calories burned and helps me stay motivated. I think anyone trying to lose or maintain their weight should make a heart rate monitor with calories burned capability a non-negotiable.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    I have a Mio Sport Select and it is very accurate when I've checked it against the machines in the fitness facility. Very easy to use and it also came with a separate pedometer that has a built-in FM radio & ear buds. The entire package was called the Mio Beat and cost about $40 at Big 5 Sports on sale before Christmas. I like that it has no chest strap and the batteries can be changed by yourself or any jewelry store or watch repair shop. The pedometer batteries are simple to replace too. One for the radio and one for the pedometer. Also, you can order extra watchbands in different colors online.
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have a suunto and I love it. It's easy to use, counts calories (and is very accurate) and also has a chest strap that you can change the battery, which is helpful.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I use a Garmin Forerunner. I got mine as a gift. It works great, really simple to use. Little advantages of the Garmin vs. some others is that you can change the battery yourself and not have to send it out.

There are lots of good ones out there, just read read read and pick for yourself.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar F6!!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!
    It's easy to program, use, track calories burnt during a workout & it's Beeps to you when you are over or under your heart beat percentage range!!!! It was the best $90.00 I ever spent!!!!!