eating the same thing

Options
Hey everyone-

I just want to see how alone i am on this. I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch during the week. (weekends are the same breakfast, but lunch usually changes up a bit)

Breakfast: 1/2c mixed nuts with coffee and water
Lunch: Apple, Banana, Granola, All natural Almond Butter

Honestly, after my 20mile commute to work, the breakfast fills me up completely...and then the lunch can pretty much get me through until my commute home.

Am i the only one who has found meals that just work for me? For dinner, it's always mixed up with different meats, random and odd veggies, and sweet taters--so i'm getting to try new things for dinner.

;)

Replies

• foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You ONLY EVER eat 1/2 nuts and coffee for breakfast? This sounds pretty bonkers to me, and boring too! If it were me I'd switch it up a bit-although, if it is working for you I guess you don't need to. I would just be so bored with it.
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    I eat the same thing pretty much every day. I am not very creative with my dinners either.

Breakfast :
    Quaker weight control oatmeal made with skim milk--I just alternate flavors of maple/brown sugar, cinnamon, banana bread
    Glass of OJ
    Coffee with skim milk and stevia

Snack:
    Banana

Lunch:
    Salad made with spinach, grape tomatoes, chicken, lite honey mustard or lite Italian dressing
    Apple
    Fage Greek yogurt--one of the fruit ones

Snack:
    1/8 c almonds

For dinner I usually eat either baked chicken or fish with veggies, tofu lettuce wraps, or black bean lettuce wraps. I will usually also have some kind of fruit, maybe dipped in greek yogurt (or frozen fruit mixed in greek yogurt) as dessert. I don't deviate from this much on weekdays and recently read something that said routine meals are considered a habit of healthy people.
  • RachelRemkes
    RachelRemkes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm the same, I've found what works for me and I try to basically stick to it. Most people would find it boring, but if I allow myself to stray too much I get carried away because I LOVE FOOD.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same thing every day, all meals, even on the weekends. It's easier to prep for the week and cheaper too, buy in bulk! I alternate my "after diner" based on cardio or weight days. The only real difference being 8 slices of PB toast & 1/2 cup cottage cheese vs. 4 slices of PB toast and a giant bowl of cereal. Just make sure it's a good variety of food and there's no reason not to.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    You ONLY EVER eat 1/2 nuts and coffee for breakfast? This sounds pretty bonkers to me, and boring too! If it were me I'd switch it up a bit-although, if it is working for you I guess you don't need to. I would just be so bored with it.

Why does food have to be entertaining? Just curious as to the bored thing..
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm the same, I've found what works for me and I try to basically stick to it. Most people would find it boring, but if I allow myself to stray too much I get carried away because I LOVE FOOD.

Same here! My breakfast and snacks are usually at the same time everyday and the same things everyday. I eat chicken for lunch and dinner- but that is where I get creative!
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    nope.. not just you. i had one of my pals comment on my lack of variety! but i'm a picky eater and not only does it work for me, it dosn't bother ME in the least. I think you you go with what works for you.
  • auntjenny74
    auntjenny74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast, lunch and snack during the work week. Having that decision already made for me makes it way easier for me to stick with my plan. It is essentially the same reasoning I use for working out in the morning before work. If my day begins after I have a run under my belt, I have fewer opportunities or excuses to screw it up.
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    English muffin and two large fried eggs. That's my breakfast every day. It's quick, filling, and delicious!
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I dont always eat the same things

But when I do I tend to have more success - it's the repeat-ability of the daily totals
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day. Otherwise I'd have to buy a lot more types of food. I'm too lazy for that.
  • jickalina
    jickalina Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    same here. M-F I'm pretty much a robot. Breakfast is some kind of all fruit smootie (coconut water or almond milk with whatever type of frozen fruit i have at the moment). Lunch is some kind of grain salad with a ton of veggies and some type of spicy element. Dinner i'll change it up a bit depending on leftovers or what day of the week it is. That consistency helps me keep on track with my cals. Then on weekends I live it up!
  • kellyreynolds14
    Options
    I usually have the same thing every day for a few weeks until I just don't want to eat it anymore, then I make slight revisions to it and continue eating that for a few weeks, and so on. It makes it easier for grocery shopping, food prep, planning, tracking calories, and also easier on the wallet as someone else mentioned. With my work schedule and commute I am out of the house for about 12 hours every day, and coming home and cooking something different every day sounds soo exhausting! I just make a huge portion sunday night and good to go for the week!
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My meals are pretty much the same way.

Breakfast:
    1 slice wonder smart white bread, toasted
    1 tbsp peanutbutter
    1 banana

I switch it up sometimes and have:
    1 slice toast,
    1 egg
    1 banana with 1 tsp pnb on it

right now I am on a low fat gallbladder attack diet so I am eating
    2 slices toast
    1tbsp grape jelly
    a banana

Usually lunch is a salad or a sliced cucumber, with a sandwich, or a fish filet or tuna fish, sometimes soup

Dinner is whatever we have planned out on our menu. It varies a lot. Hamburgers, chicken, steak, porkchops, and then veggies.

Snacks are usually greek strawberry yogurt, a fiber one chocolate chip 90 calorie bar, some more fruit, carrots, chocolate pudding with almonds in it. A lowfat string cheese if I am low on protein for the day.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i eat the same breakfast almost everyday. i am the kind of person where if i have too many options, i sort of lose it...or worse, lose control. so if i wake up and i know exactly what i'm having for breakfast, i'm less likely to stray. but i'm also a pre-planner. i usually pre-plan my days. so the night before, i've already planned what i'm eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner the next day. this keeps me in check with my calories. then based on exercise, i add things as i go. but even then, i just end up doing a double portion of something i've already pre-planned for. very rarely do i stray from my pre-planning.
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    I eat the same or similar things over and over again, and it's part of the key to my success.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of the same breakfast but even that gets boring for me and I have about 4 go to quick things I can grab if I get tired of the same. I rarely eat the same thing for lunch, dinner or snacks for more than a few days. I LOVE FOOD and I love variety. If I don't mix it up I'm more likely to get side tracked by something I shouldn't have. If I allow myself to mix it up I stay on course a lot easier. But that's just me.

My hubby is like you though. Even when he likes what's for dinner he'll eat a big salad every night anyway. Always same thing for breakfast. It drives me bonkers since I do the cooking and I get bored so easily with foods.
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options

^ This

And I don't control myself when I get it. Call me what you will, but I just need the total control, or none at all, its pathetic.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Lets just say I am the new subway spokeswoman cuz I eat it every morning during the week, Steak , egg whites and cheese , the same goes for the ham on the muffin bread.

On the rare occasion I'll eat a whole wheat bagel with smoked salmon cream cheese.

Move aside Jared!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing almost every day. Dinner gets switched up from time to time but I like what I like. It fits perfectly into my macros and it's tasty. Win!