ONLY 2 POUNDS

Options
I have only lost 2 pounds in the last three weeks, how dissappointing. I am usually at 1500 or less calories a day. I am exercising. Even my measurements aren't changing. What gives?

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Are you eating all your calories? If not you could be in starvation mode.

Are you new to exercise? Your body could be building muscle which weighs more.

If it's the first make sure you eat enough! If it's the second, give yourself some time and it will start coming off faster than ever.

Either way 1 pound a week isn't bad - I know we all want MORE but 1 pound a week is very doable and since this is a life style change not just a diet you will have less of a tendency to rebound!

Keep it up and you'll see the results!:drinker:
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    Maybe you need to change up your workouts. I am by no means an expert, but try to make sure you are doing both cardio workouts and stregth/resistence training workouts. Also, make sure that you are eating all your calories. If you are eating too few (based on your goals, body, etc.) your body might be in starvation mode which would slow down or stop weight loss. I have that problem a lot.

My measurement really didn't start changing until I was mixing my workouts and making sure that I was working out just about every day.
  • leannaellis
    leannaellis Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How about looking at what you are eating (beyond calorie counting I mean)? Look into information on the glycemic index. Or maybe check, are you eating processed foods or natural.... Just a thought. Track your protein as well if you aren't already. Start each morning to include a protein.
  • ewsinclair
    Options
    Definately try mixing up your workouts. By nature our bodies try to reach homeostasis, so you have to throw your body off!!! also, you actually may need to throw in a cheat meal in your diet believe it or not! Thats only if you have been eating really clean this whole time though. I did a diet for 4 weeks and stopped losing weight, by the 5th week I hadn't lost any more weight, so I took a weekend off of dieting, and at the end of the following weekend i started my diet back up, and I lost more weight. So you may just need to shock your body , it may help a little!
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    go back and take a look at your food diarys over the past 3 weeks. You didnt say whether you lost it all in the first week then nothing or if you lost a little bit each week. but, if you go back and look at your logs you may be able to see a pattern as to what is up.
    I took a peek at your last week and noticed that you exercised 2 days (you may have exercised more but not have added that in- Im just going by your diary's) - you may want to add more movement to your routine.
    I also noticed that on the days you exercised you left calories on the table - but on the days that you didnt exercise some days you were over in calories and fats, carbs and/or proteins.
    You may want to take a look at your menus and tweek what you are eating to get your carbs, fats and proteins more in line.
    I added sodium to my tracking. I noticed that on the days I was going over on sodium I was retaining a lot of water and my weigth would go up - but if I keep my sodium in line then I dont retain. A thought for you.
    So - I dont know the answer as to why "its only" 2 pounds - but take a peek back and analyze your past three weeks and you may get some answers.
    But remember 2 pounds down is better then 2 pounds up so you are heading in the right direction!! Good job to that!
  • tracylp
    tracylp Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you everyone.