Carb Cravings

Options
Hey ya'll,

It's really inspiring to see everyone's progress. I recently switched from the Atkins program which I was fortunate enough to lose 17 lbs on but have grown weary of the limited food choices and started sneaking carbs so I thought it was time for a change. Does anyone have healthy desert ideas that are low in calories? Also, I have added toning with weights and still walking on my treadmill but I was wondering if anyone knows how I should mix these workouts up, i.e. tone one day, tread the next or tone and tread on same day, trying to figure out workout schedule for best results, What is best workout for stomach?

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Can't comment on healthy deserts.. As close to desert I get is a chocolate protein bar or fruit..

As for exercise......

Depends on how many days a week you work out.... Be it 3 5 6 all 7 days ( AWESOME)

But I would always do more weight/toning days than cardio .......

SO for 5 days a week do weight / treadmill / weight / treadmill /weight

for three days a week do weight / treadmill / weight

You get the idea.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    My workout routine used to be mainly cardio to drop the weight, now that I'm at my goal, I began strength training about 4 months ago. I do an hour & 15 minutes of lifting (heavy lifting) followed by 15 minutes of HIIT style cardio. Each day I do a different muscle group (legs, chest/shoulders, back, bi's/tri's, abs etc.) and I like to switch my cardio up from the treadmill to the elliptical from time to time to keep it from getting too monotonous. I've managed to put on 5 lbs muscle this way (I'm not totally concerned with the lbs of muscle I'm putting on, I just want the definition now that I've dropped the weight). Even though I've put 5 lbs back on, I've noticed that I've continued to lose the remaining stomach chub.

And a "Healthy-ish" dessert.... Frozen pumpkin pie-yogurt :love:

Mix 1/3 to 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not the sweetened kind for pies, just plain pumpkin. You can add more or less to taste) with 1/2 cup vanilla fat free yogurt. Sprinkle in some pumpkin pie spice, pop in the freezer until just a little firm. Tastes AMAZING!....I add a little light whipped cream on top sometimes. Tastes even more like pie that way.

OR.... Jell-o just came out with little cups of sugar free chocolate mousse that are only around 80 calories for when you get a chocolate craving. Also very good with a little light whipped cream.
  • dru3561
    dru3561 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I do try for 5 days a week so I will increase the weight training!
  • dru3561
    dru3561 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the receipe. Pumpkin sounds yummy, especially with fall right around the corner.
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    There are some sugar free jello pudding snacks that have 60calories. Jello pudding things in general have few calories.

I also buy Ice cream snacks that are individually packaged. They are usually around 150 calories, so that's easy to budget.