Loosing my patience.

Options
2»

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    You flat out tell him to GO AWAY. Loudly and assertively. Shame on the gym for not putting a stop to something that made a member uncomfortable.
    Yes. Except I would tell management what happens and how you feel about it, and what to do/say, before taking matters into your own hands.
    That way, it IS their responsibility!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    just tell him to piss off
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Say something to the owner of the gym again. They need to be aware of the fact that this guy is harassing you by his actions and that they (the gym) are responsible if they don't do anything about it. Make sure they speak to him too. I'd go back and ask them if they did, when, what time and what the results were. I understand it's a public place however that doesn't give someone the right to make you uncomfortable nor does it give the gym the right not to say anything when you complained to them about it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Say something to the owner of the gym again. They need to be aware of the fact that this guy is harassing you by his actions and that they (the gym) are responsible if they don't do anything about it. Make sure they speak to him too. I'd go back and ask them if they did, when, what time and what the results were. I understand it's a public place however that doesn't give someone the right to make you uncomfortable nor does it give the gym the right not to say anything when you complained to them about it.

Yeah, hold the gym management accountable.

And I don't agree that it's a public place. It's a private business and they have a right to enforce rules of conduct
    in their place of business including asking him to leave and ordering him to not come back.
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    you have to tell him your not interested, he'll back off or if he doesn't just say your there to work out, not make friends and if he stilll doesn't leave you alone tell him that if he doesn't you'll tell a member of staff that he's stalking you
  • MarkC1963
    MarkC1963 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just say firmly, "I don't have time to talk right now" without making eye contact. For most guys, that will be enough to take the hint you don't want to be bothered. If he still keeps stalking then advise management again. If they don't do anything then advise them you are going to get the police involved. That should motivate them to talk to the stalker. If that doesn't work, then call the police the next time you see him stalking while you are there so they can talk to him. Also, I think a person doesn't need to start out being rude to communicate appropriate boundaries and yet still be firm in most cases.

Hope this helps; good luck!
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wear a ring on your left ring finger and just flash it to him. That'll do the trick :)

I do homeslice. And I drive a minivan and bring 2 ankle biters with me.
  • ramonasowner
    Options
    Well, which approach do you want to take...do you want to be direct but nice or be a ***** or what? I'm always passive aggressive and I'm good at it. I'm only point blank without consideration when a person clearly does not get what I'm trying to say nicely. I'd put my ear buds in, look at a magazine and completely ignore him until he got right in my face or touched me to get my attention. Then I'd acknowledge him and tell him that I am there to work out and listen to me music and decompress and it really isn't a good time to talk to me.

I just had a thought....try THIS! http://youtu.be/8wRXa971Xw0

checked the link this i hilarious!
  • ramonasowner
    Options
    If he's crazy, you don't want to piss him off. If he's normal, he'll understand.

this is why I was polite in the first place he seems unstable!! that's a great suggestion.