SERIOUSLY NEED SOME ADVISE

Options
I am having a serious hard time reaching my calorie intake with being on low carbs, staying away from fat and sugar. I am good with the protein part, I don't care if I go over a little there at all. But someone please give me some advise on what I can eat... I am doing something wrong here... I need my chocolate fix so that is why I allow a few low calorie snacks a day...

How the heck do people do low carbs and meet calorie goals? Here is an example of a day's logging.. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I'm asking because I want some advise so please don't ridicule me.. Thanks

meeee.jpg

Replies

• MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    bump sorry pic had to get fixed up a bit
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    THe reason why it is hard is because those numbers are all wrong.....

YOu are trying to do low carb but thats your highest daily Metric....

You need to flip those numbers around and do something like 50% protein, 30% carb 20% fat ...

Incorporate lean meats which have more calories.. Chicken, Turkey, lean beef ..
  • MizzTweezy
    Options
    THe reason why it is hard is because those numbers are all wrong.....

YOu are trying to do low carb but thats your highest daily Metric....

You need to flip those numbers around and do something like 50% protein, 30% carb 20% fat ...

Incorporate lean meats which have more calories.. Chicken, Turkey, lean beef ..

Ahhhh so eat more meat and forget about going over the protein then? Even if it is by large numbers?
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump sorry pic had to get fixed up a bit

You should make the most of snacks. - I have 4 snacks a day, am, pm , pre workout (which I have to put in pm) and post workout... It's amazing how it all adds up, BUT I am never hungry and never crave doughnuts and chocolate like a lot of people in the office and it means my lunch and dinner are more balanced as well...
    ...feel free to checkout my diary.

Good luck, it's never easy, but with a little effort you will!
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    HEy, hard to figure out what you are eating without access to your food diary. but if this snapshot is anything to go by, you are starving yourself to death. The assortment of foods you are eating are perfect, in fact if that is indicative of your diet you are right on track, you just need to eat more. Make your lunchtime salad a wrap, a whole wheat wrap has 160 calories, 27 grams of carbs, 4g of fat, and 10% of your daily recommended iron.Sprinkle grains on your salads, sunflower seeds, flax, pumpkin seeds, quinoa is great on salad. There are products out there that add calories without busting your numbers through the roof. I eat a cereal called Skinny B sprinkled on yogurt when Im not eating oats. I am a confirmed carnivore and have lived entire days in the past on nothing but animal flesh, but with my new healthy lifestyle I try to think more like a vegetarian, and seek out non animal products to up my calorie intake without shooting my other factors through the roof.

Also, not sure if you are doing this, but your journal entry reads this way, don't aim for ultra low anything, the MFP plan is a balanced healthy longterm doable plan. Eat to your daily limits, any less will harm you in the long run.
  • thisisheatherr
    thisisheatherr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you're doing low carb you can't stick to MFP's default numbers of how much of each macronutrient to eat ... their basic numbers are way too high in carbs and low in proteins for you to use for a low carb diet. Sticking to MFP's default protein number while you consistently go under on carbs and fat will basically mean no food, really.

You can set your own macronutrient goals in MFP: Click on "My Home" then go to "Goals" and select "custom goals". There you can change it to the percentages you want for the diet you're choosing. For me, I'm going the other direction (near-Vegan for the moment) so I set mine to 50% carb, 20% protein and 30% fat. But for you, something like what Kaxfenix suggests would be more appropriate (he said 50% protein, 30% carbs 20% fat).

Once you make that change, your MFP numbers will be a better guide for you than they are now! Because you need a lot more protein if you're doing low carb AND low fat.

Good luck!
  • MizzTweezy
    Options
    HEy, hard to figure out what you are eating without access to your food diary. but if this snapshot is anything to go by, you are starving yourself to death. The assortment of foods you are eating are perfect, in fact if that is indicative of your diet you are right on track, you just need to eat more. Make your lunchtime salad a wrap, a whole wheat wrap has 160 calories, 27 grams of carbs, 4g of fat, and 10% of your daily recommended iron.Sprinkle grains on your salads, sunflower seeds, flax, pumpkin seeds, quinoa is great on salad. There are products out there that add calories without busting your numbers through the roof. I eat a cereal called Skinny B sprinkled on yogurt when Im not eating oats. I am a confirmed carnivore and have lived entire days in the past on nothing but animal flesh, but with my new healthy lifestyle I try to think more like a vegetarian, and seek out non animal products to up my calorie intake without shooting my other factors through the roof.

Also, not sure if you are doing this, but your journal entry reads this way, don't aim for ultra low anything, the MFP plan is a balanced healthy longterm doable plan. Eat to your daily limits, any less will harm you in the long run.

yeah that is pretty much what my diary reads... I feel like an idiot... The hardest part of the journey is figuring out how to eat right... Guess nutrition class didn't stick with me growing up in school... Sad thing is I feel full but agree now that I look at these numbers how I am starving myself.. I am going to defiantly going to eat more lean meats and try to get these numbers right.
  • patharper60
    Options
    You seriously need some more food; try adding some vegetables - brocolli, green beans, red & green peppers, some romaine or other lettuce, just not iceberg; add some nuts but not too many as they can fool you with their caloric value. I know you said low carbs but you can use beans as a protein - eat food that is going to keep you full.
  • MizzTweezy
    Options
    If you're doing low carb you can't stick to MFP's default numbers of how much of each macronutrient to eat ... their basic numbers are way too high in carbs and low in proteins for you to use for a low carb diet. Sticking to MFP's default protein number while you consistently go under on carbs and fat will basically mean no food, really.

You can set your own macronutrient goals in MFP: Click on "My Home" then go to "Goals" and select "custom goals". There you can change it to the percentages you want for the diet you're choosing. For me, I'm going the other direction (near-Vegan for the moment) so I set mine to 50% carb, 20% protein and 30% fat. But for you, something like what Kaxfenix suggests would be more appropriate (he said 50% protein, 30% carbs 20% fat).

Once you make that change, your MFP numbers will be a better guide for you than they are now! Because you need a lot more protein if you're doing low carb AND low fat.

Good luck!

THANK YOU so much for that info on how to change it! I really needed that part :) yay!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Your protein is very low. You should be eating some protein at every meal not just the little that you get from your veggies at lunch. Add soem chicken or salmon to that.
  • MizzTweezy
    Options
    wow! I changed my thing and yes the protein is super low that I was taking in! Thank you all so much for your help!!!! I am so happy I asked!
  • MizzTweezy
    Options
    This looks better right? :) thank you all

me204ess-2-1.jpg
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You have to eat a minimum of 1200 calories a day, or your body starves and your metabolism slows.
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more fat. Dietary fat =/= body fat. That's an extremely low amount of fat. That will also help you meet your calorie goals
  • suegmune
    suegmune Posts: 81
    Options
    If you are trying to eat less carbs, more protein, why don't you know some of the wraps like someone mentioned, but go for the low carb/high fiber/protein variety, like Ole brand, or Lavash breads? They are SUPER low in calories and carbs, but REALLY high in fiber and protein.

Interesting about needing more fat in the diet....
    And definitely eat more than 1200 calories :)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    try introducing some higher calorie dense foods, like nuts and avocado