I saw someone curling in on my gyms (2) power racks..

Options
95c.jpg

Replies

• dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    In...on...debating how to word the title so I left them both in...
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling this doesn't mean what I think it means. Unless your gym is incredibly disgusting
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling this doesn't mean what I think it means. Unless your gym is incredibly disgusting

Do you lift weights? I think he's talking about the barbell cages where you do squats etc. You know the ones where you can hook the barbell on after you've finished your set?

Doing curls on them kind defeats the purpose since they support the weight.

But then again sometimes I do shrugs on them so I guess it could work.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    how would you curl something that goes straight up and down and can lol
  • taylor5877
    Options
    Don't be confused by "power racks", this is absolutely a "curls in the squat rack thread".
  • dlwyatt82
    Options
    A Power Rack is basically just a squat rack with adjustable safety bars. So if you get stuck at the bottom of a squat, you just sit right down and the rack catches the weight, instead of having to try to dump the bar.

With the "straight up and down" comment, you're probably thinking of a Smith Machine.
  • taylor5877
    Options
    I consider "Power Racks" a PC term about like "forward tees" in golf.

It suggests that they can be used for something else, but everyone really knows what they are supposed to be for.
  • dlwyatt82
    Options
    LOL. Are you saying Power Racks are for girls, then? :tongue:
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Do you lift weights? I think he's talking about the barbell cages where you do squats etc. You know the ones where you can hook the barbell on after you've finished your set?

Doing curls on them kind defeats the purpose since they support the weight.

But then again sometimes I do shrugs on them so I guess it could work.

No. But it was more about the curling.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    they do it at my gym too...but if I come up and ask if I can have the rack to squat most guys give it to me :bigsmile: and they even help me load what I want on the bar....
  • mwestonp
    mwestonp Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    curlrack.jpg
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I do not see the big deal about this.....

No attack at the OP...cause I love this thread...but..I have often seen someone curl at the power rack...OF COURSE...it's usually on a busy day where people usually curl is full. I seen a dude curl 135+ at power rack..basically barbell and 45 on each side. (Only defined 135 to give visual...I am sure 99% of you know what 135 looks like) :laugh:
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I do not see the big deal about this.....

No attack at the OP...cause I love this thread...but..I have often seen someone curl at the power rack...OF COURSE...it's usually on a busy day where people usually curl is full. I seen a dude curl 135+ at power rack..basically barbell and 45 on each side. (Only defined 135 to give visual...I am sure 99% of you know what 135 looks like) :laugh:

I don't see the big deal since everyone sees it, but it still annoys the piss out of me every time I see it.
  • taylor5877
    Options
    I laugh at people just for doing these, but shrugs in front of the dumbell rack is more annoying to me.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I laugh at people just for doing these, but shrugs in front of the dumbell rack is more annoying to me.

Anyone standing in front of the dumbbell rack doing their exercise blows...The ones that are standing so close you have to wait until the finish with their 30 lb curls to get the bigger weights on the bottom rack.
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Please tell us that they were at the very least getting full rom, although I guess the answer is obvious.
  • taylor5877
    Options
    Full back arch and everything...
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Full back arch and everything...

Oh the special compound curls, extra help from the legs no doubt. Lol
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would love to leave a bag of burning crap on the door step of everyone that hogs the squat rack so they can do curls.