What's the deal with this early logging the day?

Options
Ok, I've enjoyed meeting lots of new people from around the world on here. But something's bothering me. You know how you hit that green button at the bottom of your food for the day to say, "that's it, I'm done eating till tomorrow?" Well, for the last few mornings, I've noticed that all the folks in New Zealand and Australia end their day first thing in the morning. Then, when I'm checking MFP in the mid-afternoon, all the England and Ireland and other European countries are logging out THEIR days before 3pm. And I'm noticing that the people on the east coast of the US seem to log out about an hour earlier than I do most nights. Is there some board rule that people in different parts of the world end their daily logging at different times of the day?

Replies

• mheath1293
    mheath1293 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm really really not trying to be mean but please tell me you're joking!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Some people find that if they plan their meals ahead and just eat what they have logged, it keeps them on track and they are not likely to stray from it. Then if they do change something they just go in and change it after the fact. That works well for me if I know what I am having that day. Some days I don't know yet what I'm having though, so I wait until later at night to finish my logging.
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    In my case, it's that i've logged whati'm having for dinner before i've had it, and then completed the entry. You can still change an entry after you've completed it incase you get a attack of the cravings.
  • mheath1293
    Options
    Guys... TIMEZONES!
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Guys... TIMEZONES!

Yeah, I know that. ;-)
  • mheath1293
    Options
    Guys... TIMEZONES!

Yeah, I know that. But I was just curious if other people wouldn't. ;-)

Haha thank goodness. Darn, now I ruined your fun! Sorry!!
  • TheFinalThird
    Options
    Guys... TIMEZONES!

Yeah, I know that. ;-)

Haha thank goodness. Darn, now I ruined your fun! Sorry!!

s'ok. ;-)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Oh, see, I thought you meant that they were logging in the morning of their own time zone. *shrug*
  • hunnins
    hunnins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oh, see, I thought you meant that they were logging in the morning of their own time zone. *shrug*

But hey what you said make sense, all in the planning.
  • KittenKittyKitteh
    KittenKittyKitteh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You, Sir, are my favorite forums poster. I needed that giggle, thank you!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Also: Planning.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I try to log most of my main meals for week on the Sunday night, its not complete, but then I know how many times I need to go to the gym, and when I can have that cake if I want it, it just makes this much easier.

I wouldn't start this way, but once you know your meals and how you generallly meet your calories, and what weeks you lost best, its the way to go.
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha. Yes us folks in NZ & Australia decided we need to be first at something so we conspired together to hit the green button early in the morning
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Some people find that if they plan their meals ahead and just eat what they have logged, it keeps them on track and they are not likely to stray from it. Then if they do change something they just go in and change it after the fact. That works well for me if I know what I am having that day. Some days I don't know yet what I'm having though, so I wait until later at night to finish my logging.

This.
    Also, when most days I have school either 6am-430pm or 9am-430pm then work from 5pm-9pm I come home exhausted and just wanna go to bed. It's much easier to just log in the morning.
    P.S. what time do you think it is in Australia now?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha. Yes us folks in NZ & Australia decided we need to be first at something so we conspired together to hit the green button early in the morning

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    3pm in houston is about 8pm i believe in england and really y does it bother u
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    LOL - I sense a new trouble maker in our midst. Welcome, sir --- you have already given me a couple of smiles today and it's only quarter after 7. Oh, crap... I'm late for the gym! Ciao!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm in the central time zone of the US and many days my day is planned out. I stick to my meal plan and eat only what is portioned out. Therefore, often I can click on "complete this entry" early in the day and could probably do it days ahead of time if I wanted to.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options

It is the different time zones that cause that to happen. I will also pre log the day before or sometimes i also make a few days ahead of time. I find its easier and i just print my page and then i know what i am having when and put it on the fridge. If there are changes i just go in and reconfigure it. I dont hit the finish logging button until i am done for the night so i can log all my water.
  • TheFinalThird
    Options
    I guess I should have written my original post on the fun and games board. I was kidding. Trying to make people smile at my apparent inability to comprehend time zones. With daily life as hectic as it is, we all need a laugh now and then. Reader's Digest says it's the best medicine. I'm REALLY sorry I apparently ruffled some folks feathers.