eating the same thing

Options

Replies

• sandrajune72
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same for breakfast and lunch, I always have something different for dinner though.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    In my pre-MFP days, I had the same exact thing every day, except for weekends. And I would LOVE to get back to that - I just need to find the things that work within my calories & macros NOW and not the crap I used to eat daily. Holy cow!

I don't get "bored" with the same thing every day because it's going to be something I love - it saves time and money and routine makes me feel safe & happy! LOL
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I eat the same thing every week. The only thing that changes is dinner for the week. But I love it. Keeps me focused
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat one or two eggs over easy with one or two pieces of toast and oatmeal with brown sugar for breakfast almost everyday for the past 2 months. Before that it was an egg over easy on an english muffin with turkey bacon and pepperjack. Then it was salmon and pepper jack on an english muffin, then almond butter on an english muffin with a tiny bit of honey.

I pretty much slide into something different every two months.
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Everyday I bring one of two things to work to eat. The only thing that changes is either whole grain pasta or brown rice. THAT'S IT!

8oz chicken breast,

1.5 cups of rice/pasta

2 servings frozen veggies

1tbs off olive oil

three shakes of italian seasoning...
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am the same way...It's kind of nice to know I am not the only one. :happy: I have friends on here who comment on it (not in a bad way though) & it just works for me. My only concern is since I eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks does the body adjust to that somehow - It is better to mix it up some? I have not had a whole lot of success with my weight loss & sometimes wonder if that could be PART of the problem. :ohwell: Just a thought.

ETA: I am so glad that the OP started this topic b/c I have been wondering if I am weird b/c of the way I eat (I am VERY picky). I never thought about asking on the forums about this. Thanks for doing so!!:flowerforyou:

EATA: I just saw the two posts behind mine & I guess that answers my question about it stalling my weight loss b/c they BOTH have had significant losses!! Congrats to you both!!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast and lunch most days.

Breakfast: Keurig coffee w/ cup of 1% steamed milk, Raspberry Chobani w/1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
    Snack: 2 cups strawberries & tomato basil cheese stick
    Lunch: Salad w/ 4oz grilled chicken, 2tbsp shredded asiago cheese, 1/3 cup black beans, Paul Newman Light honey mustard
    Snack: Luna bar

Some days I have a 2nd cup of coffee @ work w/ a cup of skim milk.
  • blueroses_78
    Options
    I have a list of meals that I really love, and I choose from them. It's not crazy to know what you like and what works for you. If you're not bored with your menu, then chow down :)
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm kind of like this too. Here's what a day generally looks like for me:

Breakfast:
    1 scoop Dymatize Nutrition Whey/Casein Chocolate Protein with 8oz black coffee and lots of ice (Mocha Protein!)
    or BetterOats Oatmeal packet (whatever flavor I have in my desk drawer) and maybe some greek yogurt

Lunch:
    Either a salad w/ lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, onion, cucumber and either chicken/turkey/apple
    or a soup of some kind

Snacks (spread throughout the day) - I usually have 3-5 of the following on any given day:
    Berries
    Green Pepper
    Watermelon
    Pineapple
    Apple
    Baby Carrots
    Hummus
    Almonds
    Cottage Cheese

Dinner: This one varies, but usually some sort of protein with lots of veggies.
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. Every day I eat an apple and a zero % fat Chobani yogurt for breakfast. Once in awhile there' ll be a different fruit on-hand or God-forbid, I'll run out of yogurts, but pretty much that meal works for me on a daily basis.
  • MonolithTMA
    MonolithTMA Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I drink one of my green smoothies and eat mixed nuts for breakfast and lunch. I enjoy them and feel good after, so that has been my routine. Supper is usually something different every night.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs forever. Every day until the day I die.

Actually, these last few days 3+ cups of various sauteed veggies have ended up along side my beloved bacon and eggs. The change is good, but the stars are the same.
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Not me-I have to mix it up some or I will get bored like the other girl said. I like knowing that with tracking calories with MFP that I can have a variety of things just as long as it is within the calorie range. Some mornings I have greek yogurt, some I have bagel things, a protein shake. Lunch I normally have some sort of lean cuisine and change that up. Just works for me.....I guess whatever works!!
  • mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    Options
    AH! so happy to know I'm not the only one. I got concerned when I didn't see a reply for 10 minutes. ha!

You all are so right--
    my work provides apples and bananas so i don't have to buy anything except:

mixed nuts
    natural almond butter
    Sweet Potatoes
    Veggies
    And I buy "meat bundles" at the beginning of the month for $100. Lasts me ALL month and it's GOOD meat and tons of variety...great for my crockpot dinners!

oh---SO glad to see i'm not a weirdo. I enjoy these foods so much--i'm sure i'll switch to something else in a month or so. :P
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this, I eat the same meals breakfast and lunch often, over and over. Dinners vary a little with diff. meats etc but someone told me this is not bad at all. It is easier to stay on track, for me. If I get tired of something, I will change it. As long as food is nutritious, and I eat enough calories, it will do me just great!

No, you are not alone;) denise:drinker: :drinker:
    Hey everyone-

I just want to see how alone i am on this. I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch during the week. (weekends are the same breakfast, but lunch usually changes up a bit)

Breakfast: 1/2c mixed nuts with coffee and water
    Lunch: Apple, Banana, Granola, All natural Almond Butter

Honestly, after my 20mile commute to work, the breakfast fills me up completely...and then the lunch can pretty much get me through until my commute home.

Am i the only one who has found meals that just work for me? For dinner, it's always mixed up with different meats, random and odd veggies, and sweet taters--so i'm getting to try new things for dinner.

;)
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I'd starve just eating this but hey, to each his own;) denise
    You're not alone. Every day I eat an apple and a zero % fat Chobani yogurt for breakfast. Once in awhile there' ll be a different fruit on-hand or God-forbid, I'll run out of yogurts, but pretty much that meal works for me on a daily basis.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Yep, I'm a bacon and egg girl too:) I love some cheese mixed in a multi grain toast;) denise
    Bacon and eggs forever. Every day until the day I die.

Actually, these last few days 3+ cups of various sauteed veggies have ended up along side my beloved bacon and eggs. The change is good, but the stars are the same.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same, usually some sort of egg concoction for breakfast (1 piece of toast with half an avocado and 1 egg, or bell pepper egg rings and 1 piece of toast) or maple & brown sugar oatmeal. Lunch is almost always a bowl of home made soup or leftovers from dinner the night before or a small sammich from my work (only if i biked/ran for it hahahaha).

dinner is whatever my boyfriend makes when i'm not working, and when i am working usually a big salad or a veggie sub.
  • careyannal
    careyannal Posts: 161
    Options
    I eat a lot of the same things every day too. If it works for you, why change it??
  • Glassgal01
    Glassgal01 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump