Added a "Before" Picture to my Photo Gallery

Options
Azdak
Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
During my "fat" years (2000 to 2009), I avoided the camera like a CIA hit man. If I appear in pictures at all, it's usually at the back of a group where just my head is showing (bad enough).

After I started losing weight, I was a little sorry that I didn't have any recent "before" pictures or starting measurements (other than weight and waist size). The only pictures I had were 5 years old--bad enough, but I had actually gotten worse.

Last night I found a picture from December 2008. It's a cropped picture of my wife and I, taken at the annual Christmas dinner for our wine tasting group.

If it's not obvious, it's the one where I am wearing the blue tie.

The picture with the beige background is an "interim shot" taken in May 2009 after I had been on my program for 2 months, had lost 30 pounds and had a new haircut.

The most recent photo (red tie) is me at the same Christmas dinner in December 2009.

Part of me didn't want to post the "before" picture. It's still embarrassing to look at. Since you don't have to look at yourself, it's possible to kind of stay in denial about how you look, but I had a fairly public position in a fitness-related job for 8 years and looking at that picture still reminds me of how, deep down, it was pretty humiliating to go out every day looking like that.

But, if success stories can help support and motivate others, I want to do my part to help other people in this community, so here it is.

Replies

• HeidiRodzen
    HeidiRodzen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I have been searching for a "before" picture myself in recent weeks. I, too, hid from the camera. If I find one I'll be sure to post it to my profile. Thanks for the idea!
  • jiminoregon
    jiminoregon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's odd...that pic of you on the couch looks just like my puppy!

Jim
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Not the one on the blue couch? :tongue:

(sorry - couldn't resist!) You look GREAT!:smile:
  • Azdak
    Options
    Not the one on the blue couch? :tongue:

(sorry - couldn't resist!) You look GREAT!:smile:

You can't imagine how painful the waxing was..........:sad:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    You look great! So happy for you!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Dang you can really see it in your face!! Kudos to you--you look great!
  • Azdak
    Options
    Dang you can really see it in your face!! Kudos to you--you look great!

Not quite ready for a "body" picture yet......:blushing:

The one of Banks is too intimidating........................
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    What a difference!! Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!