HELP!!!! Please read!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath, let it out and relax!! Here's the great news. You can lose weight without exercise!!! All that you have to do is stay within your calorie goal. You also can lose weight while not making the healthiest food choices.....just stay in your calorie goal. So the most important thing you need to do is - STAY WITHIN YOUR CALORIE GOAL. So don't let a cheeseburger and missed workout derail you because...once again, as long as you're within your calorie goal, all is good!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Invest in a food steamer...You can get a good one for under $25. Most of the new ones have three layers...which means that you can steam three different entres at one time.... Chicken, vegetables, boiled eggs, rice, etc...You can quickly cook an entire healthy, delicious meal while you study or take care of your family.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • EmilyBoots
    EmilyBoots Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    During the week I *live* on turkey sandwiches. Arnold's 100% whole wheat sandwich thins, deli turkey, miracle whip, mustard and some green pepper strips or whatever veggies I have lying around makes a great meal. The sandwich thins come 8 in a bag for $3.50 (in MD), turkey is a half pound for 4.50 (way less if it's on sale), miracle whip is a few pennies per serving, a green pepper is about a dollar for more than you'd need. So all together you pay about $1 per sandwich. And they're 180 calories, great protein, low sodium (if you get the right kind of turkey), and very satisfying. I'm going to go make one now...
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    grilled lean meat (chicken breasts for example) a bag of salald or some precut up fruit IS a healthy meal
    & takes less time to cook then standing in line for take out
    or waiting for a pizza to be delivered
    heck bone in chix breast baby carrots & new potatoes can be out in a pan in the oven (prep time 5 minutes)
    and basically left alone for an hour to cook
    i have always had a full time job (50hrs) a disabled husband 4 kids and i manage to cook a full dinner everynite
    i make double of everything so i have lunch for a few days & a meal for another nite in the freezer. a pot of soup or marinara sauce can simmer while you study, dinner for 2 or 3 nites
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Meats: tilapia will bake in 8-10 minutes in the oven at about 325 degrees. All it needs is salt, a slice or two of lemon, and a dot or two of butter (about 1/4 tbs)
    skirt steak cooked in the broiler will reach medium-ish if you cook it 3 minutes per side
    precooked sausage is tasty and technically takes no time to cook, although it's nicer sliced diagonally and browned for a few minutes in a pan

Starches: I love the "Near East" couscous mixes. Couscous will cook in boiling water in under 5 minutes, so adding time to get it to boil makes about 15 minutes
    You can also buy rice steamers that are low-sodium and will cook in the microwave in 5 minutes or so
    Corn on the cob will cook in the microwave, wrapped in a damp paper towel, in 8 minutes

Veggies: most people have covered this already, but to reiterate: an inch of water on the bottom of a pot boils very quickly, and you only need about 5-10 minutes to steam veggies. Carrots, broccoli, string beans, and spinach are my weekly staples.
  • CarlaMichelle
    CarlaMichelle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love this idea of the burritos that is awesome and i'm going to use it. I wanted to add another great healthy snack is to take a tortilla, spread some natural peanut butter on it then place a banana in there and roll it up. i fix mine the night before, wrap it in plastic wrap and eat it on my drive home the next day. it keeps well adn it's so yummy.

Girl you are starving your body of all the good things that it needs to keep going! I don't know how many calories you are eating but it is not enough to get you through your long days.In order for your brain to accept new info like class work it needs enough nourishment to keep running at its peak. giving it food two times a day but expecting it to run %110 all day long is just something it cannot do for long periods of time.You need to try to eat about every two hours while you are awake.Nuts are a great source of protein make up some Pb&j's before you go to work or school or just keep some nut butters and jelly in your desk.learn to use a crock pot and also cook for your freezer.In your crazy life how are your kids eating?Are they just eating a granola bar and then take-out for dinner?If they were your age and eating like you what would you tell them as a nurse?A quick and cheep breakfast idea is breakfast burritos take about 6-8 potatoes(more or less depending on size) and boil them peel and cube them put in a large bowl,add a can of your favorite green chili (I like stokes with chicken) grated cheese about a cup,and bacon or some other meat if you want meat.Mix until it is all incorporated and than take a package of tortillas take one at a time lay it on plastic wrap add some of the mix fold in the sides and then roll.Wrap the burritos again in aluminium foil if you are going to freeze them they keep for about a week in the fridge and for months in the freezer.Also check out you tube for workout ideas. (be fit has some great 5 minute workouts for the busy woman)Good luck! :happy:
    [/quote]
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Step One: But a crock pot
    Step Two: Pick a recipe

Super easy, healthy and cooks while you are gone.

Buffalo Ranch Crockpot Chicken
    1lb chicken breast (bonless/skinless)
    1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Dip/Dressing mix
    1 bottle Franks Hot WIng Sauce (ZERO CALORIES)

Put the chicken in the crock pot, sprinkle the ranch on top and pour the Franks Hot Sauce on top (as much as you want)
    I put it on for 4 hours..
    Then I turned it into wraps usin FlatOut (its like a flatbread) (90 calories, 9 grams of protein and 9 grams of dietary fiber)...
    Added lettuce, tomato, wrapped it up.

Chicken noodle soup
    8-10 oz chicken
    1 bundle green onions
    1 can low sodium chicken broth
    3 cups water
    1/2 cup pasta
    2 cups spinach

I season with only black pepper and garlic powder. It's 3g fat and 30g protein per bowl. (Makes 2 big bowls.) It's also really great with some shredded cheese mixed in, if you wanted more fat and protein.

Chicken Tacos
    You'll need 1 or 2 lbs of chicken (I used thighs; they're cheaper), 1 jar of salsa and a packet of taco seasoning. Dump all three ing. into crockpot. Stir, if you're into that sort of thing. And then set your timer to low. You can do this with frozen or thawed chicken.

Here's the original recipe: http://mychocolatetherapy.blogspot.com/2012/01/crockpot-chicken-tacos.html

Pulled Pork with Caramelized Onions
    Recipe on Eating Well.com: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/pulled_pork_with_caramelized_onions.html

NUTRITION
    Per serving (without bun): 358 calories; 18 g fat ( 6 g sat , 9 g mono ); 90 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 9 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 3 g fiber; 664 mg sodium; 510 mg potassium.

Left overs can be used to make a really good Pulled Pork Torta: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/pulled_pork_torta.html

NUTRITION
    Per serving: 374 calories; 18 g fat ( 7 g sat , 7 g mono ); 68 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 22 g protein; 3 g fiber; 574 mg sodium; 274 mg potassium.

Skinny Taste's sweet barbacoa pork
    found here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/slow-cooked-sweet-barbacoa-pork.html

Crock Pot Cabbage Soup
    Minutes to Prepare: 45
    Minutes to Cook: 300
    Number of Servings: 10

Ingredients

1 can of Chicken Broth
    1/2 head of Cabbage - chopped
    3 large carrots - chopped
    8 stalks of celery
    1 onion chopped
    1 cup of green peppers chopped (approx 2 large)
    1 can chopped tomatoes
    1 can of sliced mushrooms
    1 pkg of lipton onion soup mix
    12 oz can of v-8 juice

Directions
    Chop all veggies into bite size pieces. Drain and rinse canned mushrooms. Add all ingredients in a large crock pot - cook on high for two hours and then on low for 3 hours. Very filling. Makes 10 servings of 1 cups. very low calorie.

Crockpot Taco Chicken:
    6 boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 pack taco seasoning (or make your own)
    1 jar of your favorite salsa or rotel

dump it all in crockpot cook on high for around 5-6 hours, take out chicken breasts and shredded with fork, then put it back in and mix it up let it cook on high for about 1 more hour.

serve with reg taco fixings or make it a taco salad with out the tortilla for and even lower calorie meal.
    It is awesome and super easy.

Pulled Chicken BBQ
    Put 6 boneless skinless chicken breast in crockpot with a little water and some mesquite seasoning cook on high 5-6 hours

Remove chicken and shred it with a fork, drain water, put shredded chicken back into crockpot and pour in you favorite BBQ sauce amount varies by how much you want on your chicken some people like it more saucy than others, stir it real good and cook another hour. Serve on wheat roll.

Chicken stroganoff
    2-3 Chicken breasts - frozen,
    1/2 pakage of Onion soup mix (I actually use 1/2 pkg due to sodium)
    98% fat free cream of mushroom soup (+ 1/2 can water)
    Onions
    Mushrooms
    16 oz Fat Free Sour Cream.

Put frozen chicken in the crock pot, top with remaining ingredients, and allow to slow cook all day (I usually cook on low for about 8-10 hrs). Once done, cut up the chicken breasts into bite size pieces (sometimes I shred it), and pour over your choice of either brown rice or whole grain noodles. I don't recommend putting the noodles to cook with the rest, the noodles always get over done...
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Buy a crock pot...lol
  • silviamv
    silviamv Posts: 15
    Options
    People posted many excellent suggestions here. Just wanted to add that I can relate to that since I can't seem to find time to cook as much as I would like to, and many times I bring Lean Cuisine for lunch. I buy them at Walmart every time they are on sale, it costs me much less than any of the other options I have around here (restaurants/fast food) and I've lost 12lbs so far so my experience with them is very positive. I know that they are not the healthiest option on earth, but they help me with losing weight.
    Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!